IGNORED

Front suspension travel? Led light

greenrider

Hi

Does anyone know how much travel the front suspension has?

I would like to mount a 7" led light right below the oil rad. But not sure how much room I have with suspension movement.

Is this possible?

Morning greenrider

The suggested travel should be in your manual but due to deflections & rubber in the system that is just a suggestion.

It really depends on how much load you have on the bike & how hard that you hit bumps & depressions.

I have seen a number of damaged fenders on the front due to hitting under oil cooler mounted lights.

If you have some time just put a couple of zip ties tight around yoru fork tubes (just above the seals) then ride the he!! out of it. That will record (& show) how much that your front suspension it traveling.

Thought about that for my GT, which has approx 4" travel and likely similar to yours.

Under hard braking you could contact the fender resulting in loss of control & smashed fender, would not recommend that location...

I have them on both the RS & GT...under "normal" conditions, no problem..yet have had contact w/ the fender on each..usually when hitting a heavily heaved road or surprise pot hole..

Thanks for the info andI agree there is no room.

So I thinking of mounting one on each side.

Does anyone have pictures of how this could be done.

I would like to be down at the cylinder heads