IGNORED

Looking for rim

Aram

Good morning. Guess I need a new rear rim for my '04 1150RT. eBay has them, and for a lot more money, BeemerBoneyard has them.

Would you buy one from eBay? Anything to look for in particular? Any input welcome before I pull the trigger on one.

Thanks in advance,

Aram

I have purchased rims from eBay. Just make sure that they show plenty of photos so you can see both sides of the rim... I managed to get a good front rim last year for only $70.00 INCLUDING the shipping. You just have keep a close watch on your search. Set up a properly worded search and enable email notifications and you will get an email every time someone posts a new item that matches your search.

There are a few outfits around that can straighten and repair damaged motorcycle wheels. Is that why you are looking for a replacement?

There are a few outfits around that can straighten and repair damaged motorcycle wheels. Is that why you are looking for a replacement?

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, it is the reason. There is a place in my area that does that kind of work. I opted to pick up a good looking (on the internet, anyway) replacement rim from eBay -- cost is about the same as getting mine fixed. It was a bit of a coin flip, but I figured what if they shop said my rim is toast?

Right or wrong, who knows.

Best,

Aram