IGNORED

2002 r1150rt heated grips won't turn off

jcranfill

Any ideas or suggestions here I used the heated grips for the first time this season this morning and this afternoon they seem to be stuck on regardless of switch position but I can tell the difference between low and high.

I do have a throttlemeister that gets sticky and needs to be adjusted but that wouldn't cost too grips to stay on would it?

Afternoon jcranfill

First & foremost make darn sure that your heated grip switch is in the OFF position. (my guess is you don't have it in the correct OFF position)

If it is in the off position then more than likely you have a bad switch or a mis-wired switch.

If the grips didn't produce heat until you used them today then that points more towards a bad switch.

I just ran out to the parking lot to double check my '02.

(I suffer from CRS)

The top of the rocker pushed all the way in is off.

The switch should show one white dot for low heat, then two dots

for high.

Indy

DR, thanks yet again. I'm still struggling for some reason switching back and forth daily from Japanese bikes and this one. For some reason something as simple as a turn signal leaves me screaming occasionally.

... I swear I am not a dumb person but here I am. Thanks guys.

Afternoon jcranfill

Of course you are not a dumb person as a dumb person would still be riding around with the grip heaters on.

A smart person knows where to find the answers when something doesn't work as expected.

DR, thanks yet again. I'm still struggling for some reason switching back and forth daily from Japanese bikes and this one. For some reason something as simple as a turn signal leaves me screaming occasionally.

Afternoon jcranfill

I know just how you feel as I am old school BMW so hate the newer BMW turn signal switches.

I made the same mistake a few years ago when I bought an '04 RT. I thought it was broken and it was a warm day and it was a distraction. Had to find a manual online.

I like the BMW turn signals really, but I blow the horn every morning when I'm turning left out of my neighborhood.

It takes me a day or 2 to adjust to the 1150's switches. I tend to concentrate more on keeping it on the 'wrong' side of the road, so every so often I audibly announcing my left turn intentions.