IGNORED

UnRally XVI 2017 - Registration Info

TyTass

NOTE: The "Final" Registration Deadline was 27 May, so cancellations are no longer guaranteed. However, FVR has agreed to add new attendees (for dinner purposes) until next Sunday, 11 June. They will also extend the room group rates as rooms are available until that same date.

UNRALLY XVI REGISTRATION FEE:

$55.00 per attendee. However, the event ticketing site we're using (EventZilla) charges $1.00 per ticket, so the total to each attendee is $56.00.

REGISTRATION CUTOFF DATE: 15 April 2017 27 May 2017 However, new registrations will be allowed until 23:45 pm ET on Sunday, 11 June 2017.

This is the absolute latest date we can extend the registration date in order to have ample lead time to get food ordered for the Group Meal and for T-shirt printing.

WHY REGISTER? What does this UnRally Registration Fee buy you along with your UN XVI T-shirt?

First and foremost, registration secures you the negotiated BMWST UnRally Group Rates. While there no way to prevent you from initially securing the group rate via phone or web registration, the Group Manager and staff will review our list of paid UnRally Registrations weekly. The room rates of those prospective attendees who have reserved rooms under the group rate, but who have not yet paid the UnRally registration fee, will be returned to normal season rates.

At that point you can lose your reservation entirely.

Secondly, your registration fee includes:

- UnRally 2017 T-shirt - 1 per registration

- UnRally 2017 Sticker - 1 per registration

- Name Tag - 1 per registration

- UN 2017 Group Meal - 1 per registration

- - Wednesday 6/28 - 6:30 pm

- - Details TBD

- - - - - - - - - -

REGISTRATION & PAYMENT INFO:

From the time you select the # of tickets and click the blue Register Now button, you have 30 minutes to complete the forms and payment transaction (should be oodles of time). If not, you'll have to reinitiate your ticket purchase, but be ready with your payment information.

PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED: PayPal or perhaps a check

NOTICE: If you have no PayPal account and simply can't setup a PayPal account, the only other payment method is check. If you MUST send a check, please send a PM to Mike greiffster and he will provide you the relevant information. A check will dramatically lengthen the time it takes to process your registration. Oh, and there will be a fee for returned checks! For that reason and others, we really, REALLY PREFER PayPal.

And if you can transfer the money your PayPal balance or a checking account balance through PayPal, rather than using a credit card, so much the better. That reduces our fees overall.

- - - - - - - - - -

REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:

- Click on the following link: BMWSportTouring UnRally XVI 2017 Registration

- Click on the blue Register Now button

- Select the number of tickets your are purchasing

- Complete the form fields for each attendee, as appropriate

- - Required fields

- - - First Name

- - - Last Name

- - - Email (for your guest, you can enter yours again)

- - - T-Shirt Size

- - Optional fields (please don't skip these fields)

- - - The rest (board name, bike, etc.) enter as applicable, NA ok

- Select payment method (PayPal or check)

- - - - - - - - - -

For information regarding the negotiated rates for rooms, cabins, & camping, see the thread titled:

UnRally XVI 2017 - Reservation Info

Edited by TyTass
I got rid of the blue/bold for the body text. Does that help?

Much easier to read.

Apparently, you use the ubbthreads_dark profile, as well as Dave & Marty. Until today, I'd never investigated that.

now that Fontana village is announced I will note, I will be bringing my BMW G450x and doing all off-road riding. If you are looking for similar riding (i.e. NON Pavement) then as the event gets closer we can create some daily group rides for the off road only crowd. There are some very challenging roads we can ride in that area and all the way down to Lake Burton, Helen and TWO.

Yeah, I chose colors based on the white background. 10 years of BMWST and never knew about the "dark" side. :ohboy:

Edited by TyTass

Question. If I wanted to make this into a family vacation, do I need to ticket for each member of the family if I am the only one that would be actually riding and attending the Group Meal? I'm guessing the answer is no, but just want to make sure.

I've never attended a UNRALLY before and think this would be a great place for a family vacation.

Question. If I wanted to make this into a family vacation, do I need to ticket for each member of the family if I am the only one that would be actually riding and attending the Group Meal? I'm guessing the answer is no, but just want to make sure.

I've never attended a UNRALLY before and think this would be a great place for a family vacation.

Correct: You only need to buy one registration ticket. Buying one ticket gets you the group rate and merch and a ticket for the group meal for one. Hope to see you there (even if you are a bubblehead :cuz: ... I'm an old TACAMO warrior, whose only challenge it was to send messages to bubbleheads who couldn't ever tell us they got our messages :read:) ... will be happy to meet ya :shake:.

Edited by TyTass

Awesome, thanks!

Yeah I am a bubblehead, although fast attack, not ballistic. So we weren't the ones failing to get your messages. Hopefully I can make it and meet everyone. Only board event I have been to was a Spring Torrey event back in 2006.

OK I am IN and registered! I will now spend the next 6 months planning and second guessing my route down.

Why only 6 months? You have another 2 months available to replan! Happy you're coming, no matter which route you take.

In, registered and event fee paid. Thanks Craig and company.

Happy you're going to make it. I see Bob is coming as well. Any chance of you bringing you better half for us to meet?

Registered and paid up! Now just to heal shoulder up. :bike:

Glad you're gonna make it. And take it easy with that shoulder. None of this :revit: for a while.

Correct: You only need to buy one registration ticket. Buying one ticket gets you the group rate and merch and a ticket for the group meal for one. Hope to see you there (even if you are a bubblehead :cuz: ... I'm an old TACAMO warrior, whose only challenge it was to send messages to bubbleheads who couldn't ever tell us they got our messages :read:) ... will be happy to meet ya :shake:.

What is this!?!!? A freakin' squid reunion board? ;):beer:ship-captain-smiley-emoticon.gif

Also, BTW, in case I forget, Happy Birthday tomorrow Squiddies,....Non sibi sed patriae!!!

Edited by Living the Dream

The supper is shown as being on wednesday the 27th. My calendar says the 28th is Wednesday.

Please clarify

Edited by Lester V
The supper is shown as being on wednesday the 27th. My calendar says the 28th is Wednesday.

Please clarify

Yes, Wed 6/28. Sorry, I'll fix it shortly. Thanks.

I like this whole "arriving Sunday departing Friday" thing. Two in a row, too. :thumbsup:

In for the UN in the East. Sunday through Friday. Make it Three.

Look forward to the Southern Mountains and the sweet roads abound!

And of course, the folks here!

Hope there aren't any Bison block'n the roads...

:wave:

Unrally? Un...rally??? Didn't we just do this?

Hey Lester V, do you know anything about this???

OK, registered and got my room. See you all there!

In for the UN in the East. Sunday through Friday. Make it Three.

Very cool!

Look forward to the Southern Mountains and the sweet roads abound!

And of course, the folks here!

Sweet roads and great people ... add beauty and that pretty much covers it! :dance:

Hope there aren't any Bison block'n the roads...

:wave:

Well, a bear might cross your path, right Alan & Jim? :jaw:

Yeah. Seems like it sometimes, doesn't it, Richard? Actually there are lots of ex-military here. I'm aware of dozens of folks in this community who have a military background. But then again, that seems true anywhere I go. Lots of folks from all walks of life have a military background. Ya know ... we're just kinda everywhere.

On a side note ... what I find particularly interesting is how many firemen there are here (or at least used to be). Oh, there seems to be quite a few lawyers here, as well (but we still let them join in the reindeer games). :stir: And at least one lawyer who was also former career military. :whistle:

What I like most about this community is that folks here represent almost every profession and walk of life, yet we all share a similar passion. That passion brings together here in the ether and is the entire point of the UnRally ... getting together in the real world and sharing that passion.

However, it takes a lot of stars to align just so for people from all over the country to get together, even just once a year. That is a good part of what makes the UN special. Personally, I've only been able to make it to 3 other UNs. So, I hope the stars align for many folks to attend. I hope to meet those I've chatted at some point over the past 10 years, but have never met, to see those I have seen fairly regularly, and to meet folks I don't know at all, as well.

So, how do your stars look to be aligning for June ... shipmate? :beer:

Edited by TyTass

I know we just opened up Registration, and there will be numerous updates to this list over the coming months, but this thread is where folks can find out Who's IN as well as the status of your registration.

i-C5hCfjv-L.png

I do now!!!

Hey, is anyone invited or just 'real' people, not actors?

I do now!!!

Hey, is anyone invited or just 'real' people, not actors?

Anyone ... I mean, we invited Kinsley, after all. :whistle: Hi Ken! :wave:

Edited by TyTass
Michelle and I are registered, looking at getting there just in time for dinner on Wednesday night.

Are you going to be able to stay for more than the one night?

Un registration and Fontana Village room reserved for Mark (Marcopolo) and I arriving Sunday night departing Friday morning. :thumbsup:

Would be good to see you again. :wave:

Will be good to see you again too! What bike will you be bringing? (your profile says 57% RT)? :dopeslap:

Will you trailer a bike along with a sailboat? :grin:

Edited by Endobobdds

Will be good to see you again too! What bike will you be bringing? (your profile says 57% RT)? :dopeslap:

Will you trailer a bike along with a sailboat? :grin:

F 700 GS

No more sailboats.

147647088682.jpg

F 700 GS

No more sailboats.

147647088682.jpg

I like your the new boat! I used to have a 30" sport fisherman, twin screw diesel boat when I live in Long Beach, CA mid 70's. Do not miss the maintenance and time spent to keep it up (always seemed like 10 to 1, maintenance/pleasure time on the water).

Yes, we will be staying in Fontana Village Wednesday and Thursday night. After that I think we are staying in Bryson for the weekend heading back home Sunday.

Yes, we will be staying in Fontana Village Wednesday and Thursday night. After that I think we are staying in Bryson for the weekend heading back home Sunday.

:beer:

F 700 GS

I went ahead and bumped you to 58% since you got rid of the Wee. :grin:

Thanks (I think). :clap: Since my one and only bike is a BMW, I thought it would be higher than that. :grin::wave:

Thanks (I think). :clap: Since my one and only bike is a BMW, I thought it would be higher than that. :grin::wave:

Fine. Technically 798/1170 is about 68%. :/

IN, for both Pam and myself.

According to Google Maps, we're only ~120 miles away. If anybody riding in from the south (like Florida) or west wants a place to stay (with paved driveway, enclosed garage) let me know. Riders always welcome.

IN, for both Pam and myself.

According to Google Maps, we're only ~120 miles away. If anybody riding in from the south (like Florida) or west wants a place to stay (with paved driveway, enclosed garage) let me know. Riders always welcome.

Very nice, Selden, I'll add you both to the list later next update.