BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#973585 - 10/25/16 04:55 AM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: szurszewski]
RT Russ Offline

Loc: Fairfield, Ca.
The Gypsy tour stopped at our place this past weekend. I posted on the BMWST Facebook page tonight since I can't link photos easily here. Peg and I were/are still trying to transition back to West Coast time zone after 3 weeks in the UK so it was a bit of a struggle to be decent hosts. We had a good dinner for them Friday and and even had Richard and Jacqueline stop by.....no pictures, it didn't happen I know dopeslap

Facebook pic

Facebook pic 2

Facebook pic 3

Safe travels Josh!

Russ
01 R1100S

#973588 - 10/25/16 07:09 AM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: RT Russ]
szurszewski Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Originally Posted By: RT Russ
The Gypsy tour stopped at our place this past weekend. I posted on the BMWST Facebook page tonight since I can't link photos easily here. Peg and I were/are still trying to transition back to West Coast time zone after 3 weeks in the UK so it was a bit of a struggle to be decent hosts. We had a good dinner for them Friday and and even had Richard and Jacqueline stop by.....no pictures, it didn't happen I know dopeslap

Facebook pic

Facebook pic 2

Facebook pic 3

Safe travels Josh!

Russ

This place has a Facebook page? Ok, I guess I knew that, but it's way back in my brain somewhere as I'm not up on the whole Facebook thing. I should get Laura to get hooked up with that.

We had a great time staying with you and Peggy! That last shot doesn't do even near justice to the royal mess I made of your garage! Twice!

We are in Bakersfield tonight so we can go to the title company tomorrow and sign papers for our house. I was hoping we'd get here early (stayed in Gilroy last night after spending a great and full afternoon in San Francisco), but then we took forever to get on the road from Gilroy, and THEN I ran out of gas about 3.2 miles from the station I was planning to get gas at in Hollister ... within sight of the Corbin factory!...and then I left my cell phone in David's, the guy who gave me a ride to and from the gas station, truck....and then...and then... and then we got here late and so I'm still not hooked up to put pictures here! Maybe tomorrow. Ha!

#973595 - 10/25/16 10:43 AM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: roadscholar]
Marty Hill Offline
The Energiser Bunny

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
Looking good! wave

700GS/white...old age moto

WWMHD...ride till you can't

Semper Paratus

#973643 - 10/25/16 11:06 PM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: szurszewski]
szurszewski Offline

Thanks - having fun too!

Signed the final papers for the sale of our house today. Heading toward Death Valley for a couple of days. Then either to the Grand Canyon or up into Utah.

#974245 - 11/03/16 02:47 PM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: szurszewski]
szurszewski Offline

Oh my gosh - I am doing a terrible job keeping up here. I really need to get some dang photo hosting going (does anyone else do that thing where they feel like there is a chain of events that needs to happen in order and when they can't get one actually not that important piece in place they just abandon the whole chain? or is that just me...) so I can put pictures here.

We have been having a great time - since staying with Traveler1, and then RT Russ and his wonderful wife Peggy, we've been to San Francisco, Bakersfield where we signed the closing papers for our house, a few cool spots in the deserts of CA including two days in Death Valley (wish we could go back for DVD but the timing is just not going to work), Las Vegas to buy me a new helmet (broke mine in DV), The Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde and a bunch of little place in between, and right now I'm sitting at Whip and Louise's kitchen table enjoying the fantastic Salida sunshine!

We're headed up to Denver and then on to Mt. Rushmore for a quick photo op before Laura flies back to Portland. She'll be helping her mom drive said mom's stuff to Oklahoma in a big Uhaul, and we'll all meet up there for Jeremiah's 8th birthday. Which means Jeremiah and the dogs and I have about six days to cover six or seven hundred miles all on our own. So if you have any good suggestions on routes to take or things to do/see between Denver and Altus, please do let us know!

I'll move it up to the top of the priority list to get some pics somewhere the board can see them in the meantime!
josh

#974246 - 11/03/16 03:00 PM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: szurszewski]
TEWKS Offline

Loc: Tewksbury, MA.
This is a neat place to see. thumbsup

http://royalgorgebridge.com/

Pat

#974250 - 11/03/16 03:50 PM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: TEWKS]
szurszewski Offline

Originally Posted By: TEWKS
This is a neat place to see. thumbsup

http://royalgorgebridge.com/

Pat

Oh crap - I'm terrified of heights (well, of hitting things on the way down - the Statue of Liberty was about the most stressful height related thing I've done) - that looks like great fun!

thanks!
josh

#974251 - 11/03/16 04:21 PM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: szurszewski]
TEWKS Offline

Loc: Tewksbury, MA.

I think there were one or two safeties built in, what could go wrong? jaw

Pat

#974254 - 11/03/16 04:36 PM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: szurszewski]
szurszewski Offline

I'd uh, love to try that, but, uh I, uh can't afford the extra charge. Same with the zipline. Yeah. That's it. Also, I think I'll be pretty worn out from crawling slowly across the bridge anyway smile

#974256 - 11/03/16 04:49 PM Re: Bakery Quest - 2016/17 Hacking the US with the kid and dogs [Re: TEWKS]
roadscholar Online

Loc: N. Fla.
Originally Posted By: TEWKS

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...

Come to think of it you are kind of mild-mannered. grin

I didn't just ride in on a Buell.

MOA 80884
RA

R1200GS Adv, KTM 950 Adv, F800GS, Husky Terra 650

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 >