IGNORED

Question on 2013 RT signal bulbs

RTinNC

Hey ... my buddy is installing LED bulbs in his '13 RT and I told him to just pop off the mirrors. He is telling me the manual says to remove the faring ?? Is that correct? seems odd

Hey ... my buddy is installing LED bulbs in his '13 RT and I told him to just pop off the mirrors. He is telling me the manual says to remove the faring ?? Is that correct? seems odd

OK, so I did some checking, and I deleted my last post.

You can just pull the mirror housing off after taking out the screws in the housing. I think you can access the bulb after that. I'm not sure you can change them with just that little room, but this is what I would try first.

Here is the mirror removal information (steps 2 & 3 only):

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/instructions/8600888.pdf

Sorry a lot of revisions on this post.

James L

Edited by James L.
So you mean in photo "F" being able to get the bulb socket out? That looks doable I suspect. Jeeesh not like on my 2006 !

Thanks

Yeah, image F. I don't know if there is enough room, but that is much easier than disassembling the bike.

James L

Yes, the bikes were "facelifted" for 2010--Hexheads became Camheads--and the mirror removal procedures were changed because the mirror mounting changed. Toolkit now contains a tool for this.

On a Camhead you can't walk by the bike and knock a mirror off.

• 3 weeks later...

Also be mindful of the CANBus requirement.

I don't think you can do a direct replacement.

There is plenty on information out there on the subject.