IGNORED

Using a hand held CB with SENA SR10

Stoneman

I am thinking about getting a SENA SR10 BT adapter to connect a hand held Cobra 38WXST CB radio with an SMH10. I have read that reception is not great with a CB. What has been your personal experience?

Thanks for your help. I value the collective wisdom of the Forum.

Stoneman, I have been using the setup you speak of for a number of years. There is a specific wire to connect your SR10 to your CB. You then want to pair the SMH10 with the SR10. The SR10 has a large center button you can use as your PTT button or use the usually enclosed remote PTT button you plug into the side of the SR10.

Once all done, I have found sound quality to be as you described...not the best My speakers as part of the SMH10 clamp setup were of a rather poor quality, but that was also several yeas ago. I also found the reliability of the Sena CB setup to be less than perfect, meaning it is off and on more than it should be. After a couple of years I gave up and went to a fully wired Air Rider setup (stay away from any J&M wired system).

Good luck.

Stoneman, I can't comment on connecting your Sena to a CB. But, I respectfully disagree with Michael regarding a wired J&M system. I went to a wired J&M system after becoming very frustrated with the SRC on my Schuberth helmet. I will admit that J&M customer service was not that pleasant to deal with so I purchased my J&M system through Sierra Electronics. They were awesome to deal with. I installed the system and had the elite series headphones put in my helmet. I really like the system. The sound is awesome. As for the CB, I have no issue talking with other riders on CB systems. There were some challenges trying to get the correct mounts for the system to fit on my 15 RT, but all in all I am super happy with my decision.

Thanks Michael B. and Steve B. It is helpful to know that if I go the CB route it should be more of a wired route.

It's interesting to me that there are several ways riders use to communicate....bluetooth...CB...walkie talkie...hand signals...you just have to choose one and go.