IGNORED

DEATH VALLEY 16

Hey, anybody interested in going back to Goldpoint on Saturday again? Need a head count before if we want lunch, kinda overwhelmed them last year....

And,

We might even repeat the nice gentlemanly paced ride up thru Fish Valley :thumbsup:

Don J :wave:

Hey, anybody interested in going back to Goldpoint on Saturday again? Need a head count before if we want lunch, kinda overwhelmed them last year....

And,

We might even repeat the nice gentlemanly paced ride up thru Fish Valley :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me.

Missed last year because of the late Saturday arrival.

What goes on in GoldPoint?

Jeeze Edd, remember the mantra......what happens in Beatty, stays in Beatty! :rofl:

Realshelby, google Goldpoint Nevada, cool place to see!

I guess I was more interested in what the restaurant was that the Saturday ride might bring. It is quite obvious from the video that the wait for a table can indeed be "overwhelming". :P

Happy to report Bigfish and Little Fish are in. Always a good time.

Anyone from So. Cal riding up on Friday? Willing to meet up.

Yup. Although I was toying with the idea of meeting the folks in Bakersfield to ride in that way. We'll see.

For information-- Angie will become a UIS citizen on Oct 31, so the Sat night dinner will also be a BMWST.com party for the newest citizen of the bunch-- :clap::clap::clap:

For information-- Angie will become a UIS citizen on Oct 31, so the Sat night dinner will also be a BMWST.com party for the newest citizen of the bunch-- :clap::clap::clap:

Congratulations!!

:thumbsup:

Congratulations!!

:thumbsup:

+1

:clap:

And,

Meghan and I are in again. Cool place.

Congratulations! I was hoping we'd be able to swing by DVD this time, but it's Jeremiah's birthday weekend and we promised to meet up with his grandmother further east. We will probably be in DV tomorrow or the day after for a day or two though...

Al - was thinking about you yesterday as we, when it got dark and I started worrying about deer on the two-lane, switched over to the interstate for the last 90 miles of our day. The ear plugs made it almost pleasant :)

Happy to report Bigfish and Little Fish are in. Always a good time.

Anyone from So. Cal riding up on Friday? Willing to meet up.

I'll probably be doing a 4AM run out of SoCal to Baker, in order to avoid the traffic as well as rising sun in my face. Then from there, it's a leisurely ride due north on CA127 with a laid back stop for breakfast, and maybe an 11AM - Noon arrival in order to at least get one beer before Schibi shows up with that hot new citizen babe of his, and buys up all the adult sodas.

This means I'll be in Baker around 6-ish and having breakfast at Furnace Creek Ranch around 9 or so. The chicken fried steak is the size of a Frisbee. I may need help.

Anyone want to ride with me out of SoCal, or meet up in Baker, that sounds good.

And,

I'm in for that. Lots of old equipment I need to check out.

And,

Don J

I'm in for that. Lots of old equipment I need to check out.

No need to refer to yourself as old EDDDD. We accept you as you are.

And I'm out :(

On the same weekend there is a pretty unique training opportunity that I want to take advantage of. Bad bad timing....

I'm genuinely bummed to miss the DVD

And I'm out :(

On the same weekend there is a pretty unique training opportunity that I want to take advantage of. Bad bad timing....

I'm genuinely bummed to miss the DVD

Bummer. We'll miss you.

And,

Sure, count me in.

If I get there, am in for Goldpoint.

At present after getting cataract surgery in both eyes, which switched me from being very very nearsighted to very farsighted......

Gonna see how the next week plays out before I make decisions to go...

Time off is set, just depends on the eyeballs.... :java:

CoarsegoldKid

I'm taking a foothill route from Coarsegold to Kernville on Thursday. Roughly 260 miles of pavement 6hrs of saddle time. It's one turn after the other. Leaving at 8:30am with a few butt(hip) rest stops, and lunch. Arriving in Kernville 4:30pm.

You too can join in on the fun. Let me know.

Just wondering:

The usual suspects led by Don from the south, and a posse led by Joe from the north could probably total 15 or so at the Ranch Cafe in Olancha somewhere around 10ish on Friday morning.

Someone need to call in advance?

Don't want to see them run out of vittles.... ;)

MB>

The usual suspects led by Don from the south, and a posse led by Joe from the north could probably total 15 or so at the Ranch Cafe in Olancha somewhere around 10ish on Friday morning.

MB>

I was thiinking more like lunch from Cousegold, but with the way those guys fly anything is possible.

Just wondering:

Someone need to call in advance?

Don't want to see them run out of vittles.... ;)

MB>

Not to worry, they always manage to take care of us.....as long as we don't insist on sitting at the same table we will be fine. Whoever gets there first go ahead and get seated and get your order in......no rush,we have all day to get there!

I'm taking a foothill route from Coarsegold to Kernville on Thursday. Roughly 260 miles of pavement 6hrs of saddle time. It's one turn after the other. Leaving at 8:30am with a few butt(hip) rest stops, and lunch. Arriving in Kernville 4:30pm.

You too can join in on the fun. Let me know.

This will be a good back road ride, so if you're able, don't miss this!

See ya in Olancha!

If I get there, am in for Goldpoint.

At present after getting cataract surgery in both eyes, which switched me from being very very nearsighted to very farsighted......

Gonna see how the next week plays out before I make decisions to go...

Time off is set, just depends on the eyeballs.... :java:

Hey, that's what them little reflector bumps on the edge of the road are for, driving by Braille!

And, if yer gonna haul the bikes down here, be sure to unload outside a town and ride in.....a certain someone caught a lotta grief at the northern rally for pulling in the parking lot with the bikes in the truck!!!

Just lookin out for ya :thumbsup:

Should know more in a couple of days......gonna go see the glasses wizard to see if its too soon to get a pair made. What would happen if I just rode in via the truck? I mean outside of getting to ride once more before winter.....?

Don,

Count me in on Goldpoint Also is there a gathering at Starbucks, Lancaster, this year again?

Hakan

Yeah, sure is! About 8 at Lancaster Starbux, then top off gas at Chevron in Mojave around 8:30, try to make Olancha Ranch House Cafe for breakfast around 10ish....should see them fellers from the north there......anybody else welcome to come along!

Well, unless an unwelcome phone call or other news comes up, realshelby will be on the RT headed that way Wednesday morning............

Well, unless an unwelcome phone call or other news comes up, realshelby will be on the RT headed that way Wednesday morning............

Be safe, you're gonna have a good time!

Saturday night dinner is on! The good folks at KCs Outpost have stepped up again, BBQ chicken and all the fixings to go with it, and the great desserts too....however, if this isn't palatable to you, feel free to do your own thing.

See ya next weekend

Room is booked. New tire and 24K service done on RT. Starting the packing ritual.

I will probably go to Goldpoint with everyone just because I don't know what is going on up there............

Since I have Thursday off, (and the Mrs. can't make it) I'm going to join the "Sherman Pass contingent".

I've wanted to do this for a looong time. I think this year it will be doable! :dance:

Chicken this year? I'm in! :eat: