IGNORED

Nova Scotia Trip Pictures. Enjoy.

Stan Walker

A few pictures from our Nova Scotia trip from Southern California.

Participants RTJohn and Stan Walker.

Mileage, around 9500.

48 Gas stops.

26 days on the road.

Weather was good, only one 15-minute rain squall. Occasional sprinkles and some fog. Temperatures were mostly in the 70’s, of course a bit cooler when you hit the road at 6:00 o’clock. At the other extreme it was in the low to mid 80’s when we passed through Las Vegas (going and coming).

Bikes ran well, biggest problem was a nail in my rear tire. Replaced the tire as I was still 5000 miles from home.

RTJohn at Dead Indian Pass on the Chief Joseph Highway on the East side of Yellowstone. Note how happy he looks. Save that for later…….

i-jSfnnDx.jpg

And the bikes still look clean!

i-HShjgdk.jpg

Lots of riding has gotten us to the North shore of Lake Superior. Virtually an inland ocean of fresh water

i-7nWJ7tg.jpg

This was a fun motel called the Halfway Motel. Came equipped with some local rednecks, a cute girl, a fire pit, and free beer courtesy of the local rednecks. The girl got so high she had to sit in a chair……

i-nfxkCTT.jpg

The lake behind the motel. Beautiful country. Lakes and green everywhere. Not many people. I could live there!

i-jVrCQMw.jpg

The Ferry Terminal going to Nova Scotia. The trip takes 2 hours and 15 minutes. We got to the terminal several hours early (better early than late as it only runs once per day and we had reservation both on the ferry and for lodging in Nova Scotia).

i-Mbh9HS6.jpg

The loading ramp, no ferry yet on the other end

i-WHfshks.jpg

At last, the ferry arrives, more like a cruise ship, indoor drinking area, outdoor drinking area….

i-tKfSdxh.jpg

We’re off, next stop Nova Scotia!!!!!

i-Z4gsNtX.jpg

A lighthouse to keep us safe. Actually the sea was so calm we didn’t even need to tie down the bikes.

i-F9LJQnh.jpg

Remember John of the happy face? Well this is John of the sad face.

He wanted a picture of the ferry leaving Nova Scotia but it turned the wrong way and he didn’t get it.

i-r98DSHT.jpg

But I did!

i-Djd8S6s.jpg

We found this old fishing marina and couldn’t pass it up without a visit. No one there except us.

i-9GTzh9P.jpg

I think I could have spent the day taking pictures in the fog!

i-sxRhHWR.jpg

i-vG89B7g.jpg

i-6NrSMrr.jpg

A rocky beach behind our next motel. We stayed in some fabulous places while in Nova Scotia, most with great restaurants, great ocean views, and ocean access.

i-xPzFBcv.jpg

Another marina. Check out the old grounded wreck on the right. Is that a helicopter landing and storage area?

i-NBhT4HJ.jpg

I didn’t see the birds until I looked at the file that night, but they truly make the picture.

i-H4mp2qr.jpg

Another ferry, not quite as big. This one runs on an underwater cable, has a crew of two (Captain and deckhand), that’s the deckhand talking to John. It runs every 15 minutes and we were the only passengers.

i-mmXL83S.jpg

John was exploring a side road so I stopped here to wait for him. Lots of ducks.

i-Lbz8cj9.jpg

Ah, here he comes.

i-mCfPm2k.jpg

At last, the beginning of the Cabot Trail. We are riding it CCW.

i-JbFx5fw.jpg

i-2Dhnfkg.jpg

i-PzQ6RsZ.jpg

John catching dinner? John getting wet?

i-8qFXxs2.jpg

Probably not enough for both of us…. (John put it back where he got it)

i-CPx7bxh.jpg

We bailed on Prince Edward Island as it was foggy and rainy that day. Instead we headed south for Acadia NP in Maine.

We parked the bikes and rode a shuttle around the main driving loop. All of the Acadia NP photos were shot through an open window in a moving shuttle.

i-957SqjS.jpg

i-cD2PhHd.jpg

i-HKDCb68.jpg

i-jkdD7k8.jpg

Then on to Niagara Falls. This is the official greeter. We again parked the bikes and transported ourselves via shuttle and foot power. Neither of us had ever been to Niagara and in spite of it being a major tourist trap I was quite awed by the place.

i-Dg2ckjG.jpg

Jump? Doesn’t look so bad from here!

i-5DXNLRq.jpg

I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i-RDG26T4.jpg

i-C2g3bqD.jpg

Maid of the Mist. Awesome. Take a waterproof camera if you do this! You are going to get wet.

i-GVpn2dM.jpg

Speaking of wet.

Cave of the Winds. They give you clogs to wear but we didn’t. My boots are waterproof.

i-NmD6Fdb.jpg

John’s boots not so much.

i-SHVNZFm.jpg

Up the falls we go

i-2wC4PDT.jpg

Motel after Niagara had a nice marina. Couldn’t resist a few shots here.

i-9wCQwwR.jpg

i-dM2N25B.jpg

i-tw6cxsp.jpg

Two nights in Denver area. I visited grandkids while John went south and rode up Pikes Peak.

Passed through RMNP on the way out of Colorado. The Visitor Center on Trail Ridge Road was out of hot Chocolate!

i-K9kh2db.jpg

Not every night was in a resort. Some were……. Some weren’t…... This wasn’t!!!!!

i-rF4wMT8.jpg

Yummy soup of the day! Served in a bowl with a spoon to drink it, or so they said when asked.

i-9RsSpgR.jpg

Hope you enjoyed our trip, I know I did.

Thanks for sharing with us your trip and posting a 1/1000 of the pictures you took!

Some may call it : The trip of a life time!

Am sure, you have many left in store! ;)

All the photos are beautiful - that solo sailboat picture is stunning. Miss the sound of those falls. Thanks for taking us along.

Nice. I tried to do that trip in 2006, but turned south in NY due to bad weather and didn't make it to NS. Now I know what I missed!

• 4 weeks later...

Ten years since we rode to Nova Scotia. Thanks for the visual reminder of a beautiful place.

Did you make it out to Meat Cove?

• 2 weeks later...

Stan - just to pile on - looks like a great trip and one I need to put on my list! Great pictures and adventure - well done and thanks for sharing!