IGNORED

Custom seat for late-mode RTs

Ken S

I want to get custom seats for my 2013 RT (haven't decided which brand yet). I don't have plans to replace this bike anytime soon, but just wondering: will the seat off a '13 RT work on the newer RTWs?

I'm just wondering if I should keep the stock seats, or reuse the seat pans for the new seats.

Thanks

I have a Russell Day Long on my 2012, which is essentially the same bike, and I could not be happier. I have done numerous 500 mile days in total comfort, and even the occasional 800 mile day, where my arse would be screaming at me after 100 miles on a stock seat. I highly recommend this seat.

I'm not sure, but I would think that the seat for a cam head would NOT fit on a water cooled RT.

Doug

Edited by dbaliko

Depending on your inseam, you might also look at Rich's seats. The RDL seat wouldn't work for me because of my inseam. I've had Rich's seats on my last four BMWs. They work very well and I do a lot of long mile touring with lots of 500 to 700 mile days.

GT

http://www.billmayer-saddles.com/

This is a REAL custom seat - designed specifically for your measurements, riding style, weight, inseam, preferences, etc. etc. And it costs about the same as most of the off-the-rack solutions. I had one on my Hexhead and couldn't be happier. I have one now on my Wethead.

I made a video about the Wethead model here

-MKL

Rich's seats are custom fitted as well. They have a ride in service that you can use that has a room for an overnight stay if needed.

GT

+1 on Rich's seats. He did my 2007 LT and also my 2015 RT, turning both from ancient torture machines to all day comfortable. For my RT, the SO and I did the ride in and stay overnight, with their very nice accommodations. Wonderful experience and Rich is a true craftsman, not to mention a real nice guy.

You might want to consider Sargent seats , reasonably priced and a direct fit, I have over 40,000 miles on mine and am happy with it (2014RT) an average riding day for me is twelve hours in the saddle with an occasional sixteen hour day , works for me and might work for you.

Wife and I both have rich's seats. Four thumbs up!

We used the existing seats and then waited around until we scored a deal on stock replacement seats (makes it easier to sell the bike in a pinch). I think we paid $10 for hers....