IGNORED

R1150R upgrade

57Pontiac

Hello all,

Lately I have been seriously considering upgrading from my 04 r1150r, to an 08 r1200r. Differences being 27K miles, no abs, 480#s dry, on my 04, to 8K miles, abs, 437#s dry, and a claimed 28% increase in power, with just a 40cc increase in engine size. I have not been on the 08, but the owner claims it is more nimble than earlier models.

I am wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge regarding the 1200, and would care to comment, one way or another? I am guessing that my 1150 would bring about $3500, the 1200 would require and additional $3000. Is it worth $3000 more? I seem to be on the fence. My 1150 is nice, I am new to BMW's, but have come to really enjoy the "older" boxer. The 1200 looks very well taken care of also, and there is definitely a cool factor with the black 1200. What do you all think?

Edited by 57Pontiac

If you think you can afford it, you should ride it. If you can't afford it, don't ride it :)

Don't know where you are but it's a bad time of year most place to sell a bike, but that also means a good time to buy. Do you need to sell first or could you buy now and wait to sell in spring?

josh

FWIW, I found the 1200 Roadster a huge change from the previous 1100/1150 model.

It is a sleeper IMO.

But, YMMV yada yada.

The 1200 is faster and more nimble.

Throw in abs, upgrade to the engine, dampner, you have a better ride.

None of which matters.

See if you can ride it, until then, you can't make a proper decision.

Best wishes.