IGNORED

I love this bike....so I bought it!

Whip

Some may remember I had a 2006 R 1150 GS Adventure (SE). Mrs Whip and I put 70,000 miles on it from coast to coast. IMO the most comfortable long distance bike in the history of the world. YMMV

My KTM 990 Adventure is the best bike in the world if I could only own one bike (I have 5) because it is light, torquey, is reasonable comfy on a long trip, and can leap great piles of dirt in a single bound. It has limited range and is cramped two up but obviously doable because Mrs Whip and I have thousands of miles together on them. YMMV

Sooooo.....when I found this.

2004 GSA

A factory "lower" seat with the OEM seat and windshield in a box.

3883 original miles.. WTF!!!

IMG_5515-L.jpg

IMG_5507-L.jpg

Check out those BMW OEM extra driving lights..(I hear they will fall off)

IMG_5508-L.jpg

That windshield/barn door has already been replaced with the stock one.

IMG_5509-L.jpg

That is 12 year old air in those original TKC 80s.

IMG_5511-L.jpg

IMG_5512-L.jpg

IMG_5514-L.jpg

IMG_5510-L.jpg

IMG_5513-L.jpg

It was NOT cheap but WE are worth it!!!

I am really excited about our riding future.

Edited by Whip
Wow? How could someone own that bike for 12 years and put under 4000 miles on it???? Nice find.

Took one summer trip and found out it's not like it is in the movies.

Wow? How could someone own that bike for 12 years and put under 4000 miles on it???? Nice find.

Took one summer trip and found out it's not like it is in the movies.

Not too far from the truth....or what he told me anyway. :)

The older GS wash procedure was too intense. ;)

Pat

Low mileage...Sometimes the TMB syndrome (too many bikes) comes into play. Sorry about the filthy language. :grin:

Pat

Edited by TEWKS

Doesn't matter how hard you try and tell yourself that you like something else, how hard you try to stray, how many other bikes you ride. Once you've been a BMW owner, you never really leave.

That's a real beauty. Welcome home, Whip. Your beer is right where you left it. :beer:

Low mileage...Sometimes the TMB syndrome (too many bikes) comes into play. Sorry about the filthy language. :grin:

Pat

Yeah watch your language there pal. :grin:

Ok my '02 has about 11k on it but 80% of that was off road. So that's a lot for a dirtbike right? : )

Doesn't matter how hard you try and tell yourself that you like something else, how hard you try to stray, how many other bikes you ride. Once you've been a BMW owner, you never really leave.

That's a real beauty. Welcome home, Whip. Your beer is right where you left it. :beer:

I am beginning to think those words are so true.

Reminds me of all those stories you "hear" about when someone finds that 66 Vet in a barn for $1000. Really great find - now go out and enjoy that puppy.

Whip, is it really that pristine? Those pictures look photoshopped to me. Not one spec of dust on anything. Looks like you got a really nice one. Being an 04, you may still want to change out the rubber brake lines. They deteriorate with age, not miles. And usually from the inside out... so don't trust the external view. Congrats!

Whip, is it really that pristine? Those pictures look photoshopped to me. Not one spec of dust on anything. Looks like you got a really nice one. Being an 04, you may still want to change out the rubber brake lines. They deteriorate with age, not miles. And usually from the inside out... so don't trust the external view. Congrats!

The Adventures has steel brake lines.

L

Pat

Beautiful bike and likely much less maintenance and more dependable than a new one as long as you wash it once in awhile as Pat suggests the older GS's require. :grin:

Pat

Beautiful bike and likely much less maintenance and more dependable than a new one as long as you wash it once in awhile as Pat suggests the older GS's require. :grin:

My plan

scott r1200rt

Did you buy that from second wind BMW? I live near there and go there often, one of the employees was selling it. By the way, they sold the shop.

Did you buy that from second wind BMW? I live near there and go there often, one of the employees was selling it. By the way, they sold the shop.

Nope, that one was very nice, but it had 22,000 miles on it.

This was purchased in South Texas off Craigslist.

Not even broke in yet! Definitely looks like its in less than 4k miles condition. Another plus is not needing a computer or special bmw only tools to work on it. Congrats!

Edited by BrianT
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

vERY vERY hawt scoot, wHIPdON

I owned that same bike for about 6 months...same everything - bags, color, etc.

I shoulda kept mine too.

Happy Trails, Mandingo