IGNORED

Are there any bulbs in there?

RPG

Getting through my winter maintenance on my '04RT and I'm in the middle of switching over to LED's for the tach and speedo bulbs, which has me thinking, "is the VDO Rider Information Display serviceable in terms of lighting? Can I switch over to LED's?

I'm guessing there's conventional lighting inside? Can it be opened?

thanks,

RPG

Curious, how much grief was it replacing the tach/speedo bulbs? I have one out, but it appears to be a PIA to replace, so I have been waiting for another one to fail before I feel forced.

What LED bulbs are you using for tach/speedo? I have mine apart and seeing how much work it is, it might be a good idea to do a proactive replacement.

Edited by MarkAZ

I do not think it can be opened, since it is sealed so that rain and dust don't get inside.

You might be able to open it, but can you make it sealed back again?

Is it worth the trouble?

Dan.

What LED bulbs are you using for tach/speedo? I have mine apart and seeing how much work it is, it might be a good idea to do a proactive replacement.

I'll report back after I receive the new bulbs from superbightleds.com

RPG

I do not think it can be opened, since it is sealed so that rain and dust don't get inside.

You might be able to open it, but can you make it sealed back again?

Is it worth the trouble?

Dan.

I agree Dan. It's working fine. Just thought I would be proactive since I have the dash apart. The unit looks sealed and somewhat impenetrable.

RPG