IGNORED

Peenbrook NH. ST3

walton66

Anybody live near this place?

National Power sports, 800-509-2390. Pennbrook, New Hampshire

All this talk recently and this place has a reasonably, if in good condition, Ducati ST3. Looking for someone to eyeball it for me. THank you.

You kids might wanting to start looking for some "s" models instead of the base model.

About the same money these days but a world of difference.

If it were a bit warmer I'd bike it up there and take a peek for ya.

Pat

Must be getting soft, 'tis only in the 30s up there.

logo.png

;););)

I had an ST-2, you must only buy a Ducati in Red. Like a Ferrari, only red brings it out. They are loud on idle and they are expensive to repair. They do not hold their value, as a BMW does not. They are very fast and light. On my "Test" road, there is a small bump, my BMW, barely moved at the very illegal speed I went over it, the Ducati left the ground at the same speed! They steer on a whim so you have a great feel for corners and they encourage speeds that no mere mortal on public roads should travel at in our world. Good luck with your choice and try to be close to a dealer, remember, there is a reason you don't see many of them.

Thanks Pat. I've had a number of them over the years, my favorite being a 92 907ie. Had a couple of 900ss, an ST2 and a ST3, and thought I'd kicked the habit until the recent thread had me thinking. My RT is a much better all around bike, but some of you know the feeling. If I can just get through the next day ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm too far away to eyeball it for you. I have looked at several bike for myself they have had. I found talking to the sales person and a complete set of 360 degree close-up pictures helped me understand the bike and that is did not have a specific feature I wanted on the model I was thinking about. The general beauty pictures were not detailed enough to see the handlebar levers I wanted on the bike.

We have had snow today in New York City and I imagine it's real winter up there. You might be able to talk to them and get a better deal this time of the year.

Good luck with your search.

Francis

Thankfully, that moment of retrospection has passed and the immediate urge has passed. That's not to say I wouldn't still like one, but not one a thousand miles away and I need a new truck more than an additional toy.

my buddy had one identical to the silver ST3 posted above. Seemed like a great bike. We even did a Michigan Upper Peninsula trip in the pouring rain. I convinced him to do a Track Day once and the thing all of a sudden developed an open fuel injector, dumping raw fuel into the front cylinder and cancelling his time on the track.

A few weeks later, he was supposed to ride over for an afternoon ride and he didn't show up. I go out looking for him and I see him at the end of my street, pushing the bike.

We found that one of the wires in the main harness had simply opened up. Strange, since the bike had only about 9k miles.

I saw the pain of Duc ownership in his eyes........:)

RPG

Morning--

I have at one time or another owned the Ducati ST2, ST3, and ST4.

All in Ducati ticket-me red.

They are really decent bikes if you are Ducati mechanical savvy & keep up with preventive maintenance & looming repairs.

Nothing difficult to do on them-- just a real pain & time consuming to do some maintenance items.

If the maintenance & repairs are done by the dealer then a rider needs to have a very fat wallet & a 2nd bike to ride while the bike is at the dealer.

My biggest complaint with that era Ducati is that most of the wire harness connectors are not sealed against moisture intrusion so sealing the harness connectors is usually first on my list of to-do items.

You see a number of Ducati's going up for sale about maintenance time as maintenance sticker shock is a great motivation for selling. Unfortunately the re-sale value is usually not up to BMW re-sale values.

Now the good side of buying a used or older Ducati-- I could buy a Ducati in need of major service or minor repairs at a very/very good price, do the maintenance & repairs then ride it a full summer & sell it for a modest profit.

If you are an aggressive rider & like tickets then a bright red Ducati is just the ticket!

Morning--

I have at one time or another owned the Ducati ST2, ST3, and ST4.

All in Ducati ticket-me red.

They are really decent bikes if you are Ducati mechanical savvy & keep up with preventive maintenance & looming repairs.

Nothing difficult to do on them-- just a real pain & time consuming to do some maintenance items.

If the maintenance & repairs are done by the dealer then a rider needs to have a very fat wallet & a 2nd bike to ride while the bike is at the dealer.

My biggest complaint with that era Ducati is that most of the wire harness connectors are not sealed against moisture intrusion so sealing the harness connectors is usually first on my list of to-do items.

You see a number of Ducati's going up for sale about maintenance time as maintenance sticker shock is a great motivation for selling. Unfortunately the re-sale value is usually not up to BMW re-sale values.

Now the good side of buying a used or older Ducati-- I could buy a Ducati in need of major service or minor repairs at a very/very good price, do the maintenance & repairs then ride it a full summer & sell it for a modest profit.

If you are an aggressive rider & like tickets then a bright red Ducati is just the ticket!

D.R., you forgot to add the incredible sound of that L Twin motor. Addictive as the Pied Piper.

RPG

Off topic but this place just bought Second Wind BMW in Merrimack, NH - 'just' meaning last week.

They are shifting bikes in and out since. They will no longer sell new BMWs.

I unknowingly bought the last BMW from Second Wind. It got delivered to my garage today.

nh_handyman

Wow, that's a big piece of news I hadn't heard about. Dang I should of bought a pair of gloves with the sales commission card I've been holding in my pocket for a while now! :dopeslap:

Pat

I unknowingly bought the last BMW from Second Wind. It got delivered to my garage today.

So, did it go something like...hey, here's your new BMW now call Max for any related future needs you may have? :dontknow:

Their web page (SW) is :cuz: no more. I would have sent out an email to all customers explaining the impending situation. :read: Silly, but just me. :computer:

BTW, tell us a little about yourself in motorcycle talk. ;)

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

The way it went down is they asked me to make the bank check out to National Powersports not Second Wind.

They contacted me yesterday because the title application had Second Wind listed as the dealer - and I guess Second Wind doesn't exist anymore :-)

I'm asking them how they would like to resolve the issue since I believe they already sent the paperwork into the State DMV.

And as for handling the sale from the Second Wind owners, yes, they could have sent an electronic message out (I know they have everyones email) instead of asking for a few words on NP site.

They never mentioned Max - but I've used Max in the past.... a bit more of a ride given Second Wind was a 1/4 mile from my house.

Brian

Thanks for the follow up, Brian. :thumbsup:

I can't say a bad thing about Darrell, he's been great to deal with over the years. The way the transfer went down was a little sketchy but, I guess nobody's perfect.

Pat