IGNORED

Fuel pump won't turn on

Tracy B

I recently moved my motorcycle via trailer to my new house and while pushing bike into garage it fell over on the left side. The engine was running at the time, so I flipped the red lever on rh handlebar (emergency shutoff) and then turned off key.

Now the fuel pump won't turn on or display the amount of fuel in tank. I checked all fuses and they seem to be ok since everything else works.

Bike is a 1996 r1100rt.

Is there something I'm forgetting?

My R1100RT will not crank unless I have the side stand in the up position AND I have the clutch lever pulled in, even in neutral.

Before Monday, my side stand could be up or down and without clutch lever pulled would crank. Now, I'll have to see if anything has changed.

Since it was running, you can assume the fuel pump still works and its just the neutral/interlock stuff that's causing the problem.

My 99 won't start with the side stand down no matter what you do with the trans or clutch.

This morning I decided to try what others have suggested, I put the side stand up and the display light turned on, the fuel pump kicked in, and the engine cranked and started. I also tried with the side stand down and the bike worked like it always has.

Thanks for the help.

This morning I decided to try what others have suggested, I put the side stand up and the display light turned on, the fuel pump kicked in, and the engine cranked and started. I also tried with the side stand down and the bike worked like it always has.

Thanks for the help.

Morning Tracy B

If it will now (or did in the past) start with the side stand down then either your side-stand switch is defective (acting up), OR someone has modified the side-stand inhibit circuit to allow it to start & run with the side stand down. (there is a re-wiring procedure to allow starting/running with side stand down on the 1100)

In any case you should probably find out WHY it will/or did-start, then didn't-start, now will again with the side stand down before it leaves you stranded somewhere.