IGNORED

New member from Ohio

vhntr1

New member been riding for years picking up my first bmw this weekend .

05 r1200 rt looking forward to the group looks like a lot of good people here.

Welcome - nothing like a new bike to provide a little extra motivation to get out and ride in these cool temps. When I got my 06 just before Thanksgiving one year - I rode all Winter - even down into single digits. Still do.

I'd like to encourage you to check out the Ride and Event Planning section. Specifically - START (Spring Tune Up Appalachian Riding Tour) April 26 - 30th in Maggie Valley, TN. Great riding, great folks, great bike - great times!

START and it's Fall counterpart FART are always scheduled over weekends, with extra days on the front end for those with more flexible schedules. Some make it for just one day, others arrive early.

START 2017

There's also the UN rally - this year in Fontana Dam, NC Jun 26-29. The UN is more of a mid-week gathering, allowing for folks to travel from greater distances on the weekends book-ending the event dates. While START/FART focus primarily on riding fantastic roads, the UnRally is that, and more. As with START/FART, arrival and departure dates are flexible.

UnRally 2017

Welcome and I hope you can work in one or both of the get together's. Looking forward to meeting you!

Dave

, thank you everybody for the nice welcome I would definitely enjoy some of the events the spring looking forward to it I'm already tired of Ohio's winter and I'm ready to ride appreciate the kind words thank you

I'm in Indianapolis. The Fort is on the move! Unfortunately, it's pretty flat between here and there - and Findlay too.

A buddy of mine has a daughter at Bowling Green, and we've used that as an excuse to ride our bikes that way. After saying hi to her, I generally leave them to their visit and stop in to see an old farmer friend in Bloomdale, then wander around Fosteria and surrounding areas near you exploring. If the stars line up sometime this Spring, maybe we can ride some while he visits.

NW Ohio by findlay

I live just north of Cincinnati. Best riding in Ohio is due east of here. I'm sick of this dreary weather, too.

Larry

Welcome aboard and welcome to the family. If this is your first Beemer, you're going to have a bunch of questions. The members here have been on this board nearly 20 years, helping new owners become familiar owners, then becoming knowledgeable owners, and finally becoming owners who then welcome the next batch of new owners. You're going to love this place. Heck, you've already been invited to at least three major rallies! I think you'll enjoy them all, but I wouldn't miss the 2017 UnRally. It's purpose goes beyond just riding great roads and staying at a wonderful location with tons of amenities. It is to help meet those you've been communicating with here, and put faces with names. You'll show up a new guy, and leave with 100 new friends. Don't miss it!

Thank you l would definitely like to make the rally in Maggie valley ,that has been on my list of places to visit.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Made it back last Saturday from New Hamsher ,picked up my r1200 rt.i have rode it about 20 mi around my country block hope Ohio weather gets better soon ,can't wait till spring !

Made it back last Saturday from New Hamsher ,picked up my r1200 rt.i have rode it about 20 mi around my country block hope Ohio weather gets better soon ,can't wait till spring !

Mark,

Congrats and welcome! :bike:

Pics or it didn't happen, as they say.

Plus, part of your initiation here is to learn how to post pictures. :dontknow:

Hope you can make it to Maggie Valley. :beer:

I set up a image shack and have a photo download on it for the life of me I can't get the dang pic on here,any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

I set up a image shack and have a photo download on it for the life of me I can't get the dang pic on here,any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

Using a sample image from Imageshack, I selected, "Get Links/Image Sizes". Then chose "Forum" for type. That in turn showed a link, which I copied by typing 'ctrl-c' on my Windows PC. I then simply pasted it below, by typing 'ctrl-v', and voila...

jloeiY.jpg

Don't need to use the 'insert image' icon when posting...

Hope this helps.

NW Ohio by findlay

My Dad was from Belmore. I haven't been back in 30 years. I thought Findlay sounded familiar, had to look at a map to make sure.

Welcome!

Welcome! I'm in the Columbus area so if you head this way, let me know.

The best riding is definitely south of you and mainly east - Marietta is a favorite destination for lunch. ;-)

Jim

I'll be heading to Maggie Valley if you are looking for someone to ride with on the trip down.

And don't forget about the IMS show in Cleveland next weekend. Always a fun time to go and kick some tires and look at the latest bikes.

Jim