IGNORED

Motorcycle cover

dcan

Looking for good cover any suggestions.

First, my apologies to dcan for deleting his original post. It was showing up simultaneously in three different forums and in my efforts to fix it, I ended up flushing it down the virtual toilet. :ohboy: Fernando is docking me a week's pay for my egregious incompetence.

I'm partial to the EZ Touring motorcycle covers. They're compact and of good quality. If you want to carry something small, primarily for weather protection, the half cover should do the trick. The full cover will cover pretty much any bike, including one with a topcase and sidecases, as long as you get the right size. I've had one of the half covers for years--maybe over a decade--and it's held up well.

If you want a lightweight cover that packs very small, I have used and recommend the Nelson Rigg UV 2000. I have a BMW branded cover that is very similar to the UV 2000 for my '14 RT. It fits like a glove and was under $50. Both give security and are more or less water proof. They do NOT completely enclose the bike.

I went back and looked this up. I bought the large size and it fits well. $45 The fit is better than the Nelson Rigg, it says BMW on the front, and the built in pouch is really well thought out.

BMW Travel Half Cover

Edited by realshelby
Looking for good cover any suggestions.

First, my apologies to dcan for deleting his original post. It was showing up simultaneously in three different forums and in my efforts to fix it, I ended up flushing it down the virtual toilet. :ohboy: Fernando is docking me a week's pay for my egregious incompetence.

But, but, it was one of my signature replies. It was witty, snarky, and had a high probability of keeping up my reputation as a thread killer.

(In addition to the E-Z Touring for taking with you, I also suggested the Dowco Guardian as an at-home option)

Nelson-Rigg

But, reasons for a cover are?

If it is wet etc, you have to put it in its bag and then put away wet.

If it is for cover at work, can youleave it there?

I used a cover for a while, but snow and ice and wet coveritis eventually led to no cover use for me. Haven't noticed degradation of bike when travelling.

If to cover from prying eyes,a full cover like the Nelson-Rigg which allows use of a cable lock to lock bike and cover to bike is helpful.

If it is wet etc, you have to put it in its bag and then put away wet.

I have put both the Nelson Rigg UV 2000's and the BMW Travel cover away wet numerous times. They don't seem to be affected by it. On the road they come out again that evening, when I get home and know they are wet I put them on the bike in the garage to dry. No mildew or mold over many years of use.

As is always the case, the cover you can get from BMW is made for the bike and is highest quality.

Of course, we don't know what bike you have ...

But, but, it was one of my signature replies. . . . and had a high probability of keeping up my reputation as a thread killer.

There's a New Sheriff in town . . . :whistle::whistle:

I have a Geza but it's very hard to put on the bike by my self. I use it when I haul the bike on my trailer headed for Arizona in the winter.

GT

This thread pops up every now and then...

I bought a cover before the UN-Rally in Wisconsin. It worked perfectly, wore well, did the job and unpacked and packed back in its small bag.

Oh- yes... Walmart... about $20.

Echoing Tallman's good questions about the need for a cover, take a look halfway down the pics in this Ride Tales thread following last year's START. I awoke after a pretty nasty thunderstorm to see my GS leaning on its next door neighbor. Completely picked up and knocked over when the wind made the cover a parachute. Probably won't be using that again if you want to buy it.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=959589&Searchpage=2&Main=87277&Words=Randy&Search=true#Post959589

Randy Shields