IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

174 miles!

00T0T_k8Syk8tj4Ue_600x450.jpg

link

So that is tempting. If I get the hack I might need a bike like that to play in the dirt.

It is close by if you want me to check it out for you. If I could only have one bike a DR650 would be top of the list.

I found you a sidecar rig. Check your sidecar thread.

174 miles!

00T0T_k8Syk8tj4Ue_600x450.jpg

link

So that is tempting. If I get the hack I might need a bike like that to play in the dirt.

It is close by if you want me to check it out for you. If I could only have one bike a DR650 would be top of the list.

I found you a sidecar rig. Check your sidecar thread.

Thanks for the offer.

My plate is kind of full for the next few weeks so I'm going to have to pass.

Dennis Andress
WOW! beautiful

And,,,less than five miles from my house...oh $hit! :grin:

Pat

No plates and no tread on that tire.

00F0F_5IbgOaPaYMN_600x450.jpg

Jeez. Don't people see how crappy their photos are? How difficult is it to roll the bike out of the dark recesses of a crowded garage and into the sunlight for a few photos?

Photos like this says to me that the owner doesn't give a s**t. Makes me wonder what else he didn't give a s**t about, like maybe maintenance?

It's missing the bar end weight on the left clip on. :read: Funny that, because they're known to be movers, not shakers. :grin:

Pat

50,000 mlles...that is literally the highest mileage Ducati I've ever seen for sale. They're usually around the 20,000 mile mark when people tire of them.

50,000 mlles...that is literally the highest mileage Ducati I've ever seen for sale. They're usually around the 20,000 mile mark when people tire of them.

Correct, as soon as they hear the cost to have a dealer maintain it (if there is even a Ducati Dealer nearby) or when they find out, "this isnt like the valves on my cousins CB750", they run, (and thank the man above that they do) because these motors are rock crushers and are not even broken in till they crest 25k miles, but you must do the maintenance and most folks just want the juice with no squeezing involved. I expect to run up over 100K on my ST4. FYI, Gary Eagan's ST4 has over 200k on the clock and there are more than a few other Ducs out there with over 100k on the meter. These bikes, when maintained properly are very reliable!

Edited by T.M. Roe

Amen, brother!

The man who cooked up the idea with me one morning over coffee back in 05 has already left us, so I feel the urgency.

RIP, Chopper Dave Cowan.

"Keep in mind that this is vintage British iron. This is a show or Sunday driver bike. Not a daily commuter - it will require some mechanical skills to keep it in running condition as it is a 47 year old motorcycle but nothing is wrong with it. Nothing needs to be done to it now unless you want to add accessories. I've kept it on a trickle charger and give her a start every so often."

Might be a problem as I don't speak British........and it would take an awfully long time to get to LA if I can only ride on Sundays...

Dennis Andress

For some reason riding a British bike across country by only traveling on Sundays sounds very reasonable, and a lot of fun.

For some reason riding a British bike across country by only traveling on Sundays sounds very reasonable, and a lot of fun.

Maybe...lets see, three days to prep, one day of riding and 3 days to recover. Might work.

A person can walk about 30 miles a day, times 7 days = 210 miles per week.

I can walk or ride and get there at about the same time!

Sounds like a wash to me!

My .02.

Do it ASAP.

We aren't promised "next time"...

As all three of us know. :wave:

I learned at an early age that life isnt a dress rehearsal. That's why I do so many things looking like my hair is on fire.

Hi Bud!

Edited by T.M. Roe

Maybe...lets see, three days to prep, one day of riding and 3 days to recover. Might work.

That's one day ride, two or theee days to recover while you wait for parts to be "overnighted" a day to work on the bike, a day to fix it again when it won't start the next morning and then a day to play around.

That's one day ride, two or theee days to recover while you wait for parts to be "overnighted" a day to work on the bike, a day to fix it again when it won't start the next morning and then a day to play around.

Sounds like you have a plan! Wanna go for a little ride?

Dennis Andress

This is where I got hooked. In 1978 somebody at Biloxi AFB had one. One look was all it took. I bought a rat in 1981, and restored it by 1983, and rode it daily for about 12 years. No idea how many miles I put on it, but it went through 3 speedometers.

link

00W0W_25nrCgAOwcH_1200x900.jpg

Beautiful looking bike. I had one of its predecessors, an R60/R. I really like my current wet head, but the clean simplicity of bikes of that era appeals.

Sounds like you have a plan! Wanna go for a little ride?

Maybe after we get "home" from the current ride...

This is where I got hooked. In 1978 somebody at Biloxi AFB had one. One look was all it took. I bought a rat in 1981, and restored it by 1983, and rode it daily for about 12 years. No idea how many miles I put on it, but it went through 3 speedometers.

link

If that doesn't get your blood flowing, you are dead!

Classic

Yes.

A great bike.

Lusted after the orange R 90 S, ended up w/R 100 RT ('81), odometer broke at 189k+ and rode it for years that way.

Sold it :dopeslap::dopeslap: in '04 (for @75% of what I bought it for)

Those dang airheads, had R 50. R 75, R 100, made an Airhead out of me.....

link

DROOL DROOL DROOL...

link

If that doesn't get your blood flowing, you are dead!

Classic

Wish I had a bigger garage because it would be a shame to park that bike out in the elements year round. That's my excuse for not snapping it up right now and I'm sticking to it...

In the view of the instrument panel you can see a second orange R90S. Wish Seattle wasn't so far away.

Geographic undesirability has saved me a lot of money! :wave:

Dennis Andress
In the view of the instrument panel you can see a second orange R90S. Wish Seattle wasn't so far away.

I've found the Seattle area to be a nest of motorcycle hoarders. I'd be more than happy to go take a look at it for you...

Funny, as beautiful as that bike is, I don't want one again. For a long time I wanted a late model R100 RS. But, now it's an R1200 RS, especially the version that comes without the fufu electronic suspension.

Thanks for the offer, Dennis. There are a couple problems with it besides distance. I'd like an airhead for local rides but this one is too nice to ride. Almost needs to be locked away. Also need to keep peace in the family and one bike seems to be my limit...at least that I'll push.

You're right about the Seattle area, seems all the really nice old bikes migrate up there.

Thanks for the offer, Dennis. There are a couple problems with it besides distance. I'd like an airhead for local rides but this one is too nice to ride. Almost needs to be locked away. Also need to keep peace in the family and one bike seems to be my limit...at least that I'll push.

You're right about the Seattle area, seems all the really nice old bikes migrate up there.

1 bike + 1 bike = Happy Life :rofl:

His claim of 160 may be speedo based, but unlikely.

Stock they had trouble getting up there GPS.

Not that I'd know...

Same color as mine, just a few more miles on mine :/ which is still for sale, but I've got thousands of farkles and extras.

But getting from point A to point B, in comfort, style, and quickly, yes.

DSC01353-1.jpg

You're right.

I've done over 240 on mine

kilo version.

;)

Of course on a closed/private course owned by a friend.

Because it's Ducati Tuesday!

This one is very nicely sorted out!

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/5943004197.html

Why people love those...

Still, the st never quite seems to capture the fullness of the 996s/999s bark.

(...and aside from Erik Buell, those Italian engineers came up with the sharpest scalpel to carve asphalt in history. But aside from the now discontinued st series and the multistrada they aren't plarticularly good platforms to convince someone to ride tens of thousands of miles...)

Edited by Amac