IGNORED

Hyper Light wiring question ...

RTinNC

Have a new set of Hpyer lights and the license tag bracket. But wondering how folks ran the wire back under the seat so that it does not show? Did you go under the bike and up? Thanks in advance.

ive never been able to post pictures here so will try to describe. If you would like pictures private message me you email and I will send pictures

Basically after taking a bunch of part of the rear ( all easy), you can get to a point just above the license plate bracket. I drilled a hole through the plastic that was just big enough to run the wires through encapsulated in a piece of heat shrink tubing. I rand the heat shrink all the way down, and well inside the bike. It's worked great for me for 3 years, is almost invisible - unless you look from the bottom up, and looks factory. You would never know it didn't come that way.

Drill two holes in that plastic and run them inside and up. On my 15 that rear splash guard moves up and down. I tucked the wires into that area inside the guard and ran them up under the seat. Really no big deal to drill 2 small holes in that plastic. You could even drill behind the plate if you wanted to. Those wires sticking out look like crap.

The Rocketman

Mine are not exposed like that either. There might be 2" (if that) of HyperLights wires going down from where they're mounted (kind of down and around the edges of the HL bracket), then they go through an existing hole in the rear fender extension (I think mine came with 2 holes), then up between the fender and the front of the rear tail light housing. I also used shrink wrap on any exposed wires under the fender. Neat as a pin. I can take more close-up photos later when I get home if it helps, but I think you get the idea.

HyperLights%20RT_zpsdupo7dha.jpg

Edited by The Rocketman
Drill two holes in that plastic and run them inside and up. On my 15 that rear splash guard moves up and down. I tucked the wires into that area inside the guard and ran them up under the seat. Really no big deal to drill 2 small holes in that plastic. You could even drill behind the plate if you wanted to. Those wires sticking out look like crap.

OK ... that is what I was wondering. So it is possible to just drill up into the under portion of where the seat sits. Was not sure if that was multiple pieces of plastic. Thanks!

Mine are not exposed like that either. There might be 2" (if that) of HyperLights wires going down from where they're mounted (kind of down and around the edges of the HL bracket), then they go through an existing hole in the rear fender extension (I think mine came with 2 holes), then up between the fender and the front of the rear tail light housing. I also used shrink wrap on any exposed wires under the fender. Neat as a pin. I can take more close-up photos later when I get home if it helps, but I think you get the idea.

HyperLights%20RT_zpsdupo7dha.jpg

Yeah ... my "06 too was neat as a pin! But my question was related to the '16. I think I got the answer I was looking for ... will just try and drill the hole in the right place

Well we may not be on the same page. I drilled right where the lights mounted to get the wire on the back side of the plastic rear fender. I then just fished them up through the Tupperware and wired them under the top case, back seat area. The lower portion of the rear fender can be lowered or raised. I tucked my wire which I put in a nylon sheath in between those two pieces. You do not have to drill to get the wire under the seat, only to get it through the plastic fender where you mount the lights.

...I tucked my wire which I put in a nylon sheath in between those two pieces. You do not have to drill to get the wire under the seat, only to get it through the plastic fender where you mount the lights.

+1 - After drilling a small hole in the fender behind the license plate I ran the Hyperlight wires (inside a sheath) through the inside fender edge to up into the tail light pod area where I positapped the turn- and tail light wires at the tail light plug. No need to drill into the undersaddle area. A few dabs of glue on the sheath keeps it snug under the fender.

So there is a seam or place in the inner fender where you can fish the wire? WOW even better. I am fine with drilling a hole behind the license plate.