IGNORED

Getting a sidecar itch

Bud

Tell you what: buy it and have it shipped to Whip's place (the one in TX - too cold to go back to Colorado right now), and we'll shake it out for you a few thousand miles and drop it off at your place when the weather's better :)

That's why I love this place, people are willing to go out of their way to help out! :wave:

I'll see ya, and raise...

Send it here, and it'll be ready when you come down to get the next boat.

:lurk:

Cold, very Cold Tallman. :wave::grin:

OTOH I've never said I have had my last boat. Why? Because then I would of had Last Boat II, Last Boat III, Last Boat IV, etc............................................

I forgot the :wave::grin: right after Tallman. Said in jest of course.

Edited by Bud

Bud,

Even through the ether, your intent was obvious.

In fact, I like it better.

I read it in the, "Bond, James Bond" manner.

Having talked in person, I can assure you, your wit, intelligence, charm, and good looks are what I "see" in your postings.

Best wishes my friend.

:wave:

Nothing like a GS to get your blood boiling.

148460260861.jpg

Oh, that probably doesn't weigh very much.....

They may be slow, but they sure are ugly.

Sorry Bud, I just couldn't stop myself.

Slow for sure.

BTW Did you ever race against Larry Robison back in the day? He is 74 now.

Bud,

Even through the ether, your intent was obvious.

In fact, I like it better.

I read it in the, "Bond, James Bond" manner.

Having talked in person, I can assure you, your wit, intelligence, charm, and good looks are what I "see" in your postings.

Best wishes my friend.

• 2 years later...

What a difference 2 1/2  years make.  So I bought and sold the GS/Hannigan rig, bought and sold a BMW scooter and a R 1150 R, bought another GS/Hannigan rig which I put in a ditch and now am riding a 2012 R 100 R Classic.

Just got home yesterday from Colorado where I had some excellent riding and more fun on a bike than any time in the last three years. This bike puts a smile on my face. Light, good road manners, plenty of power when needed, gets compliments from others. Had a set of used Ohlins (6k miles on them) waiting for me when I got back home.

Life is good.

Haha well seems you got the rig thing out of your system.   The "light, good road manners" comment resonates with me.  I had rode a Kawaski K1300 rig that my brother had back when that bike was new...long time ago.  Smooth and plenty of power, but what a beast and the rig made it beastly squared.  Now that I think of it that K1300 prolly soured me on rigs and land yacht class machines forever .

Tried a Guzzi rig for a year. Spent lots of time honing my skills.  One day I realized that the sidecar was going to always be trying to kill me. Sold it a week later and never looked back.  Love two wheels.  Three is a crowd.  

I never say never, because age might bring about a time that I need three wheels to get around.  I owned a Ural Gear-Up for a while, and while it was the most popular motorcycle I owned, in the end I missed the lightness of two wheels.  The Ural got sold for my asking price (only motorcycle that's happened with), and I've moved on.  I am getting the land-barge urge, though, as I test rode one of the new Wings at the AIM Expo and came away really impressed.  There will have to be some test rides of other choices before I pull the trigger, but right now having rode the Wing and an RT, the Wing is a danged impressive piece of machinery.