IGNORED

Whizzy brakes question.

Bud

I'm looking at a 04 GSA.

If the whizzy brake system shoots craps, is it possible to bypass in while on a trip or is it something that needs to be done in your garage?

I'm looking at a 04 GSA.

If the whizzy brake system shoots craps, is it possible to bypass in while on a trip or is it something that needs to be done in your garage?

Afternoon Bud

There isn't much you can do to bypass it while on the road -- but keep in mind that you WILL still have braking even if the controller fails.

The braking will just be hard & heavy as it will take lots of pressure on the pedal & a very hard pull on the lever.

It will equate to an automobile with power brakes but no power assist.

I'm looking at a 04 GSA.

...The braking will just be hard & heavy as it will take lots of pressure on the pedal & a very hard pull on the lever.

VERY very hard! If it's anything like my '06 RT failed ABS, you may need to drag your feet as well... :)

I guess the next ? is if the brains die, is there a way to still have "power" braking w/o the whizzy part?

Evening Bud

Not really as the brain controls the power pumps so no brains no power.

You can lose the ABS side though & still have power assist.