IGNORED

Need help from some old timers.

Bud

Looking at a 2004 1150 GS.

Would the Big Mak tank bag ring mount from an 1100/1150 RT fit? I don't know if the hole pattern is the same.

TIA for correct answers. :grin:

Looking at a 2004 1150 GS.

Would the Big Mak tank bag ring mount from an 1100/1150 RT fit? I don't know if the hole pattern is the same.

Evening Bud, how old do I have to be to help?

The tank bank ring should fit the 1150GS as the BMW 1100RT, 1150RT & 1150GS use the same 16117685458 filler cap.

Edited by dirtrider
John Ranalletta

Dirtrider is correct; however, the GS handlebar, unlike the RT, has a crossbar that interferes with the bag being fully flipped forward.

It makes the bag a bit more unhandy because you have to release the velcro on the bottom of the platen and let the bag slip partially off the platen while raising it, letting the bag rest on the cross bar, while refueling; then, refastening the velcro when laid back down.

I have a 2002 and that's what I do. No problemo..

IMG_3443.JPG

Edited by John Ranalletta
Dirtrider is correct; however, the GS handlebar, unlike the RT, has a crossbar that interferes with the bag being fully flipped forward.

It makes the bag a bit more unhandy because you have to release the velcro on the bottom of the platen and let the bag slip partially off the platen while raising it, letting the bag rest on the cross bar, while refueling; then, refastening the velcro when laid back down.

I have a 2002 and that's what I do. No problemo..

IMG_3443.JPG

Thanks John for the info and the photo!