IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

The ST is not the bike you pile 30k a year on.

They have no problem doing it, it's just going to cost you.

Now if you ride between 6k and 12k a year, can do some fundamentally sound wrenching (and dig doing it), and lust for the look and feel, this buds for you.

It's like I own a Maserati Bora (only cheaper).

If I were riding 25k a year like back in the day, I'd have a VFR......

"Only known problem with bike is gas gauge is not accurate (I reset odometer every tank fill up to keep track of fuel level)."

Sounds like the seller is unaware that BMW extended the fuel strip warranty.

Or he's replaced so many strips he gave up...

Edited by lkraus

Not trying to be a smartass, but to me a "find of the day" is either something not seen very often, or something that's common but offered as an exceptional deal.

Edited by George S.
to me a "find of the day" is either something not seen very often,

A sixteen y/o BMW with 7500 miles is a pretty rare bird IMO. The money, maybe you're right on that. $3800 (I'd toss him 34) seems cheap to me after buying a few new BMW motorcycles. :dopeslap:

In reality, I post the stuff I'd like to have in hopes of someone else buying it first! :grin:

Pat

Dennis Andress
Not trying to be a smartass, but to me a "find of the day" is either something not seen very often, or something that's common but offered as an exceptional deal.

Yeah, that would be nice, if there were lots of good deals or cool bikes out there. But, it's winter and times are slow. This thread has recently kicked up some good discussion about bikes I'd never think a thing about.

But if we didn't have this thread, where would I post this?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/mcy/5954980100.html

Looks like a great way to get really, really stuck. OTOH It's light enough one shouldn't have much problem digging it out. How about a heilo flight to the top of a mountain then cliff jumping on the way down????

1982 R100 for a song.

00M0M_c7N6LHgreHp_1200x900.jpg

WOW! It's a good thing that isn't closer to me here on the East coast!

AND that I only have a 1 car garage.

Edited by George S.
to me a "find of the day" is either something not seen very often,

A sixteen y/o BMW with 7500 miles is a pretty rare bird IMO. The money, maybe you're right on that. $3800 (I'd toss him 34) seems cheap to me after buying a few new BMW motorcycles. :dopeslap:

In reality, I post the stuff I'd like to have in hopes of someone else buying it first! :grin:

Pat

I agree with you. I was surprised to see the KBB value at only $3100.

Edited by George S.

Some of these bikes are $elling for more than they co$t new.

KBB is not a factor when no$talgia and pretty inter$ect.

Dennis Andress

WOW! It's a good thing that isn't closer to me here on the East coast!

AND that I only have a 1 car garage.

I'm having difficulties with it too...

I sold my RT in Olympia to a guy form B-ham back in September for a few hundred more than that - similar miles and I think a bit better condition, though not a whole lot. Well, the tires were better anyway :)

Dennis Andress

Nice! He says the clutch slave cylinder is bad, and that he'll soon replace it himself. For all that work the rear seal and clutch plate should be changed at the same time.

Nice! He says the clutch slave cylinder is bad, and that he'll soon replace it himself. For all that work the rear seal and clutch plate should be changed at the same time.

Ditto! You beat me to it. Along with tires.

Looks great in white though. :)

I got my 99 RS for $2200. It had 38K, no bags, and the front face was cracked. I got the front plastic off ebay for $200 delivered. The brakes are a little off, I rebuilt the Master and changed pads. The brakes are still a little off, or it's just the way the ABS goes on these, not sure yet. Now at 45k needs a rear tire, and now it leaks a little oil at the clutch. :(

Dennis Andress
Registration expired, no plates. A clean California title will be included.

Almost sounds like a salvage title...

The bottom of the rear main seal sits ~1/2" below the top of the oil when it's full. Running 1/2 a quart low on oil will reduce the amount of oil coming out.

If there's a weep hole in the bottom of your bell housing:

But the bike in say 3rd gear

Wrap a bungee around the clutch lever to hold the clutch open

Spray carb cleaner straight up into the weep hole and into the clutch while spinning the rear wheel.

Clean up the mess

That's Trubel's bike!

Very cool but would be cooler if it had the toys from the script :)

(can't find a pic of her on it that actually shows the bike...here's Nick instead)

a7214f8cc4ff8f910dc6245c518cfd6f.jpg