IGNORED

power pick up

mig

hey guys, just been farkling the bike this weekend . Got a chinese made Can Bus friendly HID headlight to replace the yellow colored stock bulb. So far, instant ON and no messages, great bright white light, like my original RT mod. and now I am wiring up my old Piaa 1100 lights and need to figure out which wire to hot tap on the accessory plug. the brown one or the red/green one. or does it mater, from what i remember from the old bike it would be the brown one. Any help would be great. Also how are you guys taping the battery. pretty tight there.

many thanks

Miguel

As posted brown is -12v. You can pick the +12v very easily from the positive connector post just in front of the battery (about level with the top of battery). I seem to remember seeing something in the manual somewhere?

As posted brown is -12v. You can pick the +12v very easily from the positive connector post just in front of the battery (about level with the top of battery). I seem to remember seeing something in the manual somewhere?
If brown is -12V and positive is +12V, then there is 24V present. I don't think that is what you mean. More accurate is probably, brown is 0V or the negative side of the circuit.

thanks for the replies

I actually used the green/red wire going to the accessory outlet on the right side. i found the answer after looking at daddoz777 post on how he taped power for his valentine unit.

thanks

You probably need switched 12v. To that end use the wires of the aux plug. Brown for ground and the other for switched 12v. If you connect to that 12 volt source at the battery it will be a live 12v with no way to turn it off.

If brown is -12V and positive is +12V, then there is 24V present. I don't think that is what you mean. More accurate is probably, brown is 0V or the negative side of the circuit.

OK, no one likes a smart "guy", not even when they are right!

OK, no one likes a smart "guy", not even when they are right!

Sorry about that. Maybe pointing out the obvious is an obnoxious quirk of mine.

Where is this accessory plug located on the bike?

Snowy.

You have two. One is up front on the right fairing, and the other is on the left rear inboard from the pannier.

there are two. at least on my 2016 RT. One on the right side of the fairing, one below the pax seat. they look like cigarette lighter sockets,