IGNORED

Help understanding

mitchntx

As I was coasting to a stop for a left turn, the light turns green.

I fouled up, was too focused on traffic and wasn't in 1st, rather 3rd.

Let out the clutch and it stalled.

Still moving, I simultaneously pulled in the clutch, banged on the shifter and hit the starter button.

Starter didn't engage. Took several attempts on the button to get the starter to engage and get the motor fired again.

I'm sure this whole sequence took only a couple seconds, but there were a line of cars behind me beginning their movement towards the protected left. Spooked me a bit.

Is there some sort of delay on the starter after a stall? Or do I need to look into the contacts\starter button?

As I was coasting to a stop for a left turn, the light turns green.

I fouled up, was too focused on traffic and wasn't in 1st, rather 3rd.

Let out the clutch and it stalled.

Still moving, I simultaneously pulled in the clutch, banged on the shifter and hit the starter button.

Starter didn't engage. Took several attempts on the button to get the starter to engage and get the motor fired again.

I'm sure this whole sequence took only a couple seconds, but there were a line of cars behind me beginning their movement towards the protected left. Spooked me a bit.

Is there some sort of delay on the starter after a stall? Or do I need to look into the contacts\starter button?

Morning mitchntx

There can be a very short delay but it shouldn't be much of a delay, possibly the act of shifting caused more delay if you went through neutral.

My suggestion is to go to a deserted parking lot or back road & try to duplicate what happened. If all works quickly then possibly the clutch lever wasn't pulled in far enough.