But keep in mind a few factors:

quality of workmanship, and material!!

Also, if the shipped product will not

fit your model /year bike, even if they offer

free exchange, to return them will cost you more

than you paid for them.

Is a gamble, but price is not bad.

Good luck!

I have just taken mine off (Motoworks) for their annual clean up and was amazed at how close the tolerances are and how complicated the hardware is to attach them. I would guess that they might be tricky to fit if they are not too accurate.... having said that, I have had loads of stuff from China and it has been great for the price.

ps they look great and are very similar to mine.

Edited by farmerboy
Any body have experience with these Chinese Engines Guards. "Dimotiv Engine Guard Covers for BMW R1200RT 2005-2013"

Is there a link, or did I miss it?

Any body have experience with these Chinese Engines Guards. "Dimotiv Engine Guard Covers for BMW R1200RT 2005-2013"

Is there a link, or did I miss it?

Highlight "Dimotiv Engine Guard Covers for BMW R1200RT 2005-2013"

Right-click, search.

I found several listings from ebay and Amazon. The design is very similar to Wunderlich bars, with an extra vertical brace on each side.

At $235 for the potentially stronger Dimotiv version vs $389 for Wunderlich, I'd go Dimotiv.

Edited by lkraus

Morning bulletbill

I'm not familiar with those guards but I am with other Chinese motorcycle products. It's kind of a crap shoot when it comes to welded painted products from China. There is a good chance that the the welds will not be very professional looking (usually strong enough but probably stringy & sloppy looking).

Same with the paint, that is usually substandard & applied over partially prepped metal (will probably look OK at first but start to rust in the weldment areas).

Now we come to strength- On the BMW 1200 bikes you have to be careful that engine guards are not too strong as they attach to the engine case at the very weak thin lower engine bosses. I have welded up a number of cracked 1200 engine cases (mostly 1200GS/GSA) due to cracked engine lower cases due to a hearty tip over. They need to be strong enough to prevent engine damage in a mild fall over but not so strong as to transfer full energy into the fragile alloy engine case. (ideally they should bend a little to absorb the shock then return to shape on a mild fall over & bend & stay bent on a heavy fall over).

The engine guards that you linked to might be OK or might not be OK, so the above is more of a what to look for & think about when shopping.

I have a set of these. Also, bought a set of pannier protectors.

I like them, good quality workmanship, most screws are stainless,

in a few words, as good of a quality as you can find, for a good

price. Very well packaged, took some time to unwrap them...So all

is good, except: if they ship you the wrong model/year, you are stuck with it.

Shipping to return for exchange is higher than you paid for them! My rear bars

are for a different model/year. i wish i knew what model, would give them for free!

I wouldn´t buy the Chinese Engines Guards, its too costly!

I bought my engines crash bars from Hornig three years ago and I´m still very pleased with them. Addtional the shipiing costs are not expensive and the service of Hornig is very nice!!

If you are interested i can send you the link.