IGNORED

Oil leak

Gridcon

Just purchased my first BMW r1100s after riding Japanese bikes my whole life. I have a an oil leak coming from behind the plastic cover on the front of the motor. I was told the o ring was replaced already. The bike only has 7k miles! Any advice is welcomed.

Gridcon,

Welcome to the forum!! CONGRATS on the purchase!! Send us some pics!! What year is it??

There are a bunch of VERY knowledgeable people on here that will weigh in and help you diagnose and fix it if you are into that kind of thing.

Could it be leftover oil from before the replacement?? What has been done recently (oil changes, etc)??

I bought a R1100S last spring with 12k miles, first BMW here, too.

Lowndes

Just purchased my first BMW r1100s after riding Japanese bikes my whole life. I have a an oil leak coming from behind the plastic cover on the front of the motor. I was told the o ring was replaced already. The bike only has 7k miles! Any advice is welcomed.

Morning Gridcon

What year 1100s?

Is the leak FOR SURE coming from BEHIND the cover or just looks to be coming form behind the cover?

I have seen fork seals leak & the fork oil blow back to look just like an engine oil leak.

There is a an oil return tube up front that has "O" rings as well as oil cooler hoses & fittings.

You are going to have to be our eyes on WHERE the leak is coming from. If you can tell us EXACTLY where then we can help you repair it.