IGNORED

2,023 miles in 24 hours. K1600GT

fourteenfour

Pretty phenomenal.

The only thing that surprises me is that he didn't or couldn't get someone to sponsor a few extra tires. Says his credit cards were maxed out, so the tires went well before 24 hours had passed. Not taking anything away from the guy, though . . . this takes a lot of discipline and planning.

Yes, but have to agree.

Getting Guiness on board, etc, took time and planning.

Tire distributor/manufacturer would have gone for it.

"X" the brand that went the distance...

Heck, I had a Dunlop rep ask why we sold so many Metzlers.

Told him, I rode Metzlers, had all positives (original Z 6's)

Consistent mileage and dependable in all weather.

So he says, if he gives me a set of Dunlops will I use them and recommend if I liked them.

:dopeslap:

Tires showed up, went on, had reasonable outcome, and relayed that when asked by customers, just like I had w/Metzlers.

Wonder if he talked to pit crew, music, or?

Having done this one day on a leisurely day trip, I can see getting 1500-1700 on a closed course in under 15 hours.

Of course the GT doesn't have the range of the new ones, or a big tank RT, I had 5 stops I think.

DSC01353-1.jpg

Don't know about going 24 hours, that is a long time in the saddle at high speed.

Oh, the Max Speed was a driveway, friend has one over 3/4 mile long...

Pretty phenomenal.

The only thing that surprises me is that he didn't or couldn't get someone to sponsor a few extra tires. Says his credit cards were maxed out, so the tires went well before 24 hours had passed. Not taking anything away from the guy, though . . . this takes a lot of discipline and planning.

Yeah, like Continental. He bought all those Road Attack 2 EVO GTs and was on the Continental Proving Grounds? Hey Continental, throw Carl a bone? :dontknow:

Carl Reese is one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my moto-circles. I approached him to say hello at the MOA rally last summer, and he immediately introduced me to Tom Larson, the head of the Motorcycle Relief Project (which helps vets with PTSD overcome their afflictions through "motorcycle therapy.") This led to one of my largest (and most favorably reviewed) articles. He's a dynamo.

-MKL

He is running a custom 8 gallon tank on his rear seat and rack. That is the same set up he did the Cannonball run with. LA - NYC.

He did that under 40 hours.

• 2 weeks later...