IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

A Google image search finds that picture in many different cities.

Sold via Ebay from Lewisville ,TX on February 13, 2017 by VJ Moto for $5601.

Shipped to Mt. Dora, FL on February 22.

Your link shows it in Denver and for sale again "1 month ago" for $2100. The description is identical to the Ebay ad by VJ Moto. VJ Moto, BTW, is a restoration company which makes the "pristine, 100% original" description a bit suspect. I suppose it is possible that VJ Moto bought it in early February and it was in such good condition they immediately resold it on Ebay, but then why is it still listed for sale in Denver?

And two bikes (at opposite ends of the spectrum) that would go nicely with your brand new pile of hand dug, organic, gluten free rocks.

Rokon: Link

1200 GSA: Link

Colorado Jeff
I was seconds away from calling on this one but then I Googled 1980 GS 1100 E. Scammers! :mad: What's the hook here? Phone # is all they would get out of me.

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/6049571989.html

00O0O_1BUdQSG0xg7_600x450.jpg

It showed up yesterday in Northern Colorado's craigslist

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/6049823839.html

Edited by Colorado Jeff

Honda Gold Wing - $750 (Eugene, OR) 00J0J_clJB64pc3M0_600x450.jpg

Looks like a project that got away from him?

Note: this thread was started by Pat (Tewks) almost 4 yrs ago. 1310 replies and over 681,000 views. Don't know if that's a record, but I'd just like to say I have enjoyed this thread!

Edited by TheOtherLee
Note: this thread was started by Pat (Tewks) almost 4 yrs ago. 1310 replies and over 681,000 views. Don't know if that's a record, but I'd just like to say I have enjoyed this thread!

Glad you've enjoyed it, Lee! It's been fun to see what others find to be worthy items on their lust list. :thumbsup:

Pat

That is a nice bike and a great way to get into GSA world.

It does look nice. And it comes with a servo paperweight.

Not CL but...............

Funny ad on ADV

1966 BMW R50 Louisiana - like new condition.

"It needs the left head repaired - spark plug insert spun, Craig said he has the new heads for his restorations built my Memphis Motor Works 901 757 1009, call them for repair quote. Also needs drive shaft boot. There is some slight pitting on a small spot on the front rim and rear. "

Other than those few problems, it is LIKE NEW! :rofl:

Couple of deals on ADV rider today.

2008 KLR for $1,800

$1500...59,000 trouble free miles( I mean absolutely no problems ever) bike has $1600 in Farkles

Cogent Dynamics rear shock-$520

Ricor Valves$160

Progressive Springs$80

Sargent Seat $320

Fork Brace$110

Madstad Windshield $280

Moose skid plate$110

Manual petcock$30.

Have all stock parts.

Bike was well maintained... oil changed every 2000 mi.

Doo is done with the torsion Spring

Valves adjusted at 48,000 mi. , everything looked GOOD no wear marks at all on anything.

At 48,000 mi. I replaced the tension Spring on the Doo with the torsion Spring and all the rubber guides for the Counter Balancer Chain were good.

Shinko700's at 50%

New chain and sprockets... less than 1000 mi.

At one time the KLR was my only bike hence all the miles.

Bought a V Strom and buying aWR250R so selling the KLR.

Bike is partially apart in the basement (winter maintenance) I'll put it together tomorrow and post some pic's.

Located in Northeast PA

http://advrider.com/index.php?attachments/img_1015-jpg.794469/

1985 Honda XR250R twin carb model Jasper, IN $1850

http://advrider.com/index.php?attachments/img_2258-jpg.794105/

Hate to even part with it but I can't stand to see it sit either. Just not riding it enough. This bike has been in my family since new. It's never been apart mechanically. Runs and rides great. No rust on exhaust. It has the twin carbs.. I did Jet it up a little a few years ago when I put a new, more free flowing air filter in it. No mods to the air box. Pretty much unmolested. I do have the original hand guards. I'm asking $1850 firm. Might consider trades/partial trades. Located in Jasper, IN

Hank R1200RT

I had one - CA95 150cc variant. Weak crankshaft. The CB92R model was rarer and somewhat desirable, but this isn't one.

Didn't read the whole story, but, back in the day we had a customer who had a turbo boxer.

Short version.

No.

Unless you like spending a lot of time messing w/it for litttle ride rerwards.

Perhaps this one is different.

YMMV

Now turbo K bikes...

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I always wonder why, when I see these relatively unused bikes. This one, barely 2000 miles per year, cost the owner a lot just to sit in a garage. Not criticism, just wondering.

Dennis Andress
I always wonder why, when I see these relatively unused bikes. This one, barely 2000 miles per year, cost the owner a lot just to sit in a garage. Not criticism, just wondering.

It's crazy. But those are the deals to wait for.

Lots of reasons, but those deals are out there.

I've seen plenty of death, divorce, not what I expected, money, etc reasons.

Yup. When a close friend died unexpectedly, I couldn't concentrate enough to ride safely (in my opinion). I had to park mine for a year and wait for the grief to pass.

And it lets us cheapskates pick up good bikes for low cost.

Those are all valid reasons I had not thought about. I have been fortunate so far to avoid most calamities. I totaled a 94RS bout was relatively unhurt and rode the next day. This is an great example of the value of a forum like this, expanding my mind.