IGNORED

Dealer open house ???

mrzoom

Who went to a BMW Open House Day and how was it??

Weather here was cool, 50's and that is maybe why the one

I went to was empty. 5 older than me guys telling war stories,

no real war stuff. 2 bikes in parking lot.

No demo's out front. One salesman sitting at his desk playing

games on his computer. No one even looked at me, said "hi"or asked if I needed help. Discount price cards "today only"on a few new bikes.

Not my idea of a good business plan or am I expecting too much??

Neither pair of gloves fit me either. That's all that was in stock.

How was your experience???

I went to one locally today.

Kind of a non event. They did have that

new 310 out front. Plus they had a police

bike with a poster from the CHIP's movie.

Didn't stay long. Went for a ride instead.

I decided to rather go for a ride, as my R1200RT is not due for another year or two to be traded or replaced. No sense to look at stuff you not interested in.

:wave:

I suggested to the 'clean living Hoosiers' last night that they ride out to the dealer open house today (I'm on the sidelines still, going stir crazy and find myself loitering in this space excessively). Word came back from 6th gear that he'd stopped by the dealer on his way home from work and declared it a 'non-event'. No inventory, nothing going on.

This was confirmed by another buddy (still working on his 'Clean Living' certification) who rode 50 miles today for the open house. He filled me in from a brewery.

I'm glad the local dealer is stepping it up. But they still have some work to do.

Glad you guys got out and rode!

Went to my dealer of choice today. Carolina Euro (Carolina BMW) did a great job. Food, cake, great gear deals (my wife picked up a brand new Olympia Switchback for $120), demo rides and some reduced pricing on some used machines. Though the dealership is only 90 minutes away, turned it into an all day affair and 300 miles.

Nope, the GS needed some exercise. Rode it 4 times this week. Realize how much I love it and since I'll be 81 next month it will be my last moto. The Boxster is held in reserve. :wave:

Edited by Marty Hill
Went to my dealer of choice today. Carolina Euro (Carolina BMW) did a great job. Food, cake, great gear deals (my wife picked up a brand new Olympia Switchback for $120), demo rides and some reduced pricing on some used machines. Though the dealership is only 90 minutes away, turned it into an all day affair and 300 miles.

You don't like Garcia Moto?

I've had better luck with Garcia than Carolina Euro for service, and other stuff too.

Let's just say that Garcia Moto quoted me nearly $150 less on a service job than Carolina.

Yeeha! Stephen

Fun day. Bunch of DFW riders went to breakfast, rode to the movie house and hit the early showing of CHiPS, then we visited the dealership for free burgers/chips/sodas.

Movie was kinda cute. Lotta slapstick/gross humor. I went to see the bike stunts. Not as much as I would've liked, but there was some fun stuff in there. Somebody can flat handle an R1200RTP! Gotta see the one shot of an RTP going up a dirt hill! Wow...

Burgers were good. And there seemed to be a larger than usual presence of younger riders checking out the new BMW's. They sold 2 in the 3 hours I was there.

They had a sweet deal on a new 2016 RT for $18k. Nobody jumped on it while I was there. Most interest was on the 1000 R / RR /and XR.

Good day to be out in North Texas.

Went to two nearby dealers.

Both with moderate turnouts,but was there prior to lunch for one and after lunch hour(but still being served) at the other,so likely missed the big crowds.

Some good deals,but I was not really shopping for anything.

JR356

Gateway BMW in St. Louis open house is May 6th. They always have a large turn out. One reason is the local MOA Charter Club is involved. Lunch, many drawings, deals on every bike on the floor. Large used inventory.

A place to meet up with old friends and make new ones.

The same with the open house at Grass Roots BMW in Cape Girardeau, MO. They doubled the size of their location and have sold a ton of bikes.

Dealers who partner with the local club seem to do well in my experience.

For a dealer to have an open house and then not even greet or acknowledge people who come into the door don't have a clue on how to be successful in this marketplace and soon exit.

The prior BMW dealer in St. Louis spent over $1M to build a new palace of a showroom. They also failed to acknowledge people entering the door. They lasted 18 months.

I never understand how, after making the huge $ investment, they fail to execute successful operation of the business. :dopeslap:

Yesterday, my son and I went to Grand Rapids dealer open house.

Was 38 degrees and rainy, so he drove us.

They were serving pancake and sausage, and had William Murphy, the author of the "Motorcycling Across Michigan" book (and Ohio, and Wisconsin and Indiania books's) there.

Seemed to have a fair turnout there, concidering the weather. Did see a couple bikes rode in. Was not too crowded inside.

Seemed to have all the sales staff, and other folks associated with the dealership there. Always seemed like when we were looking at gear or a bike, that someone would approach to help.

Edited by Redman

Grand Rapids does a good job with open houses - often live music / authors, etc. Enthusiastic staff who encourage demo rides.

Maybe my local dealer is just low key and it is a small shop

but I've never felt like they want my business even when it

has been only parts. It's too bad as they are only 1 1/2 miles

from the house so they are convenient.

Last time I was there I bought an air filter

for my 05 RT and the parts guy was surprised they had it in stock. :S

I did see the triple black GS and if I were a younger man. :cry:

I also figured out that the some of the new R nine T configurations don't fit my old bones well either.

Black RT was nice.

I'm not in the market today for a new ride but if I was pestered

and felt wanted who knows???

Took my old, worn out, used up high mileage 05 out today and you

know what.. it still puts a smile on my face . :thumbsup:

Took my old, worn out, used up high mileage 05 out today and you

know what.. it still puts a smile on my face . :thumbsup:

That is same I feel, even after 178,000 (s)miles. So I keep on enjoying my old RT, which feels like well used pair of gloves or shoes, and see what the 2018 will look like. :)

Who went to a BMW Open House Day and how was it??

Weather here was cool, 50's and that is maybe why the one

I went to was empty. 5 older than me guys telling war stories,

no real war stuff. 2 bikes in parking lot.

No demo's out front. One salesman sitting at his desk playing

games on his computer. No one even looked at me, said "hi"or asked if I needed help. Discount price cards "today only"on a few new bikes.

Not my idea of a good business plan or am I expecting too much??

Neither pair of gloves fit me either. That's all that was in stock.

How was your experience???

Our local dealer, BMW Motorcycles of SE Michigan always goes above and beyond. Despite the terrible weather, I attended. I wanted to ride buy my RT is getting new shocks. Great deals on just about everything. I didn't see the demo truck but maybe all the bikes were out on a ride. The owner usually has a large spread of food and music for his open houses, so the food was more of party trays (hey, I'm on a diet anyway). Overall, just good to get out, see people and talk bikes.

There was a NineT Racer on display that I never considered before. But now, I'm thinking it would make a great Track Day bike.

RPG

RPG

Okay, so was this an all BMW dealer open house weekend? If so, where was that info published? It could have been in the MOA mag, but I am a few issues behind in my reading. A kitchen reno project has taken over my life so that reading took a back seat.

Okay, so was this an all BMW dealer open house weekend? ......

That I dont know.

I got an email that announced their open house. Seems that they have an open house, or a "tech day", about once a month thru spring-summer-fall.

I dont recall how I got on local dealer email list.

But, I suspect if you go to your local dealers website (now, those, those all seem to be very similar) you will find a way to signup for their email list.