IGNORED

New 2016

Flash9677

After a year and a half of ogling, indecision and keeping my wife happy with new window treatments, I bought a 2016RT today!

All the bells and whistles, blue like the '07. I'll miss the '07 RT, but can't wait to fly the new one.

I just did the same exact thing. Sold my 09 silver today, bought 2016 metallic bronze. Arriving weds.farkles already arriving!

Congrats!

Windshield 1st, then see how I like the seat. It wasn't bad on the test ride, but the proof will be in the ridin'.

Congrats!

Windshield 1st, then see how I like the seat. It wasn't bad on the test ride, but the proof will be in the ridin'.

Take a look at The Werks windshield. I put one on RTW with the light tint. I gotta tell you it works. Very quiet with a lot less turbulence and bugs splattered on the inside of the shield.

I did the same as Bohdi, traded my 09 for a new 2016 bronze metallic. I'm in California, and have been getting out between storms. Just got back from Arizona. I have 3500 miles in 6 weeks. I am a major equipment freak, and I usually have complaints about products, but not this time! I have never owned anything that functions so well. Power, handling, layout...couldn't be happier.

After a year and a half of ogling, indecision and keeping my wife happy with new window treatments, I bought a 2016RT today!

All the bells and whistles, blue like the '07. I'll miss the '07 RT, but can't wait to fly the new one.

Sterling Heights or Plymouth ?

I am just about ready myself

Great news. Good things can come to the patient, but I would bet It was tough waiting through curtains. Are we done yet, are we done yet.

I think you wil be impressed with the performance VS your '07. Some complain about on bike storage but I gladly take the bitty glove boxes and lack of tail section stuff space in trade for the performance gain.

My criterion was when the boxer went water cooled, and the wet head was close enough for me jumping from a '99 to a '15 RT. Wow. What a jump forward in every measurable except one....well and one aesthetic IMOHO.

The seat was way ahead of the windshield as the first modification from stock trim. BMW has learned nothing since my '99 and the saddle still sucks so bad it was hard to notice if the wind management wasn't optimal with my bum in pain after 1 hour of riding.

And for me I will always prefer the aesthetic of the curved lines of my '99 VS the angular Star Wars X-fighter lines of my '15. But I get over the looks every time I clear an apex and roll the throttle toward WFO on the '15. :Cool:

I just bought same shield 24 inch, non tinted. Owner of the company seems like a real stand up guy, so I gave him my business. Moving from a cal tech on my former 2009rt. I like that windshield too.

Good to know, loved the 2009, now it has a happy new owner. Can't wait to get the new 2016 on the road. I've heard nothing but raves from owners!

I sold my 2005 RT in January before moving from NH to California, then got a 2016 RT.

You'll love it. I have about 800 miles on mine and I'm very impressed with the bike's capabilities.

What others have already said .... you will love the 2016! After owning a 2006 RT and LOVING it I decided to go for a new 2016 last October as an early retirement gift to me. At first I really missed the '06 as it was really dialed in well. But after finally selling the '06 and putting a few miles on the 2016 I am REALLY happy with the change. So much to like !! Good luck and many happy miles!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

A year ago I told my riding partner, (wife), that there would never be another motorcycle. Our bike was far and away the best on the road.

Then I talked to Don, Detroit BMW's master mechanic and two wheel guru. He said, "Don't ride that new RT, just don't do it". Well, with a challenge like that, who could refuse?

Fired that puppy up. Ok, sounds about the same. Oh, a radio, a real rider doesn't suffer such silliness on a proper motorcycle!

Rolled out into traffic and everything seemed good. At the stoplight, hmmm, really nice balance. The engineer in me says it's got to have a few inches lower center of gravity.

The light changes and I trudge along with the cages, until there's an opening, just before the freeway entrance. Turn signal, think about changing lanes and FLICK, I'm there. As I begin to process the lightning reflexes of this bike, the throttle I've dialed in, in what would have been the appropriate amount, has reached the heart of the beast. She hunkers down, LEAPS forward, the front wheel briefly defying gravity, and I'm GONE! The cages quickly shrinking in the mirrors. The engineer says, "perhaps that down shift wasn't necessary... OH the hell with the engineer, HOT DAMN!!!!"

A glance at the speedo tells me that if I were to be apprehended, incarceration would be the outcome. So, I slowed, a bit. By the time I rolled into the cloverleaf at an exit and felt the bike stiffen on magic shocks, then felt the world revolve around my nether regions in perfect balance, I was hooked, line sinker and boat.

Looping back around the opposite leaf of that clover, I pushed deeper into the turn and leaned further than I'd ever before. Rolling on the go-go juice, I effortlessly merged with 70 mph + traffic by the time I flicked back upright. I set the cruise, switched on the radio and to strains of "...OOO I love you Moni, Mo, Mo, Moni, YEA, YEA..YEA, YEA" My new best riding buddy and I danced from lane stripe to lane stripe. The poor soles trapped in their hermetically sealed boxes all thought I must be an escapee from the asylum, as threw my head back and howled, "HELL YEA"!!!

First K 1200 S we got in, took out to fill gas tank and brief shakedown.

Came back to dealership.

Still had company cc in pocket, made a U turn and put nose towards the hiway...

though better, turned around and parked it.

When I took of my helmet, owner says, "you know, that was a felony you were contemplating..."

:P

Understand the new bike feel having been fortunate enough to ride hundreds.

The only downside is how it makes us look at our current ride, sometimes.

:lurk:

You won't miss that '07 much after you have a few minutes on the ' 16. The '07's were good bikes, the '16 is a great bike.

Sterling Heights. Tony took good care of me.

Tony....

That is who I'm working with too.

I had the same experience you did on my test ride.

Now I'm just waiting for that Carbon Black 2017 to show up

Tony....

Great color. We'll have to go for a scoot and compare notes.

Tony....

Sounds good I am ready. Did you see a carbon black in person ?

Tony....

Sounds good I am ready. Did you see a carbon black in person ?

Yup. In the right little gut it takes on a deep blue. Very striking.