IGNORED

So Cal to Oakhurst back road ride '17

The infamous Back Road Ride is back by popular demand! :clap:

Friday April 28 first meeting at Starbux in Lancaster Ave I between 8-8:30,then Tehachapi Mill Street Texaco/58 by 10-10:30.......Porterville for lunch around 12:30 or so......feel free to drop in at any point!

For those of you that haven't made this one yet,don't be swayed by tall tales you may hear.......

We have found some truly great roads that spare us from the mindless drone up the freeway and the day can be somewhat entertaining! We do the "regroup at the intersection" thing, and by now the GPS gurus have most of the routes saved. (We navigate with paper maps and seat of the pants directions) :thumbsup:

The usual suspects will be there, as most of you are guilty by association :rofl:

Come on out, you WILL have a good time!

Don J :wave:

Edited by mrduck
If anyone has Garmin route files on this ride, I'd like to get them.

Thanks!

Gee, why would you need a route file? They always wait for riders at the turns...

Well...maybe not the first one... :lurk:

Bill_Walker
If anyone has Garmin route files on this ride, I'd like to get them.

Thanks!

I've got some, but they're sort of what you might call "suggestions". Many parts match the route actually followed, and they'll get you there.

CoarsegoldKid

I really don't know how the Usual Suspects get to Granite Road. I have one that starts in Bakersfield that uses most if not all of the Usual Suspects route. It is an all day, I really mean all day, E-ticket pass. You can add more squiggly road to it if you want. Bring good tires. Use it as a baseline and modify depending on time. Send me your email address and I'll get you and anyone else that desires it on the road to nirvana.

The infamous Back Road Ride is back by popular demand! :clap:

Friday April 28 first meeting at Starbux in Lancaster Ave I between 8-8:30,then Tehachapi Mill Street Texaco/58 by 10-10:30.......Porterville for lunch around 12:30 or so......feel free to drop in at any point!

For those of you that haven't made this one yet,don't be swayed by tall tales you may hear.......

We have found some truly great roads that spare us from the mindless drone up the freeway and the day can be somewhat entertaining! We do the "regroup at the intersection" thing, and by now the GPS gurus have most of the routes saved. (We navigate with paper maps and seat of the pants directions) :thumbsup:

The usual suspects will be there, as most of you are guilty by association :rofl:

Come on out, you WILL have a good time!

After last year's dropouts even before the squiggles, I thought we decided to pass out directions to everyone.

Shaping up to be a fine group! Gonna be a great time......however, I have lost the ability to do anything with Google maps, used to be able to plot out a route and then post it but my IPad won't play nice with this :P

If you pull up last years ride announcement there is the old links to the routes but I can' t open it either.......can somebody help me out here please????

http://goo.gl/maps/v7bRS

http://goo.gl/maps/qRCGU

Last year there was a change to the second half...from

Porterville....190 east to Blatch plant road, turns into Yokohl Valley, puts us back on 198, and we stayed on 190 between Squaw Valley and Minkler...... and we stayed on

168 up thru Prather to Auberry, Powerhouse road ......can't figure out how to edit.......

Did this help?

Don J :lurk:

Edited by mrduck
Bill_Walker
After last year's dropouts even before the squiggles, I thought we decided to pass out directions to everyone.

The key is to not the miss the turn from westbound 58 onto Bealville Rd.

Pro tip: the sign that says "end freeway" (or something like it) is your warning sign, because Bealville is a turn-off, not an exit.

• 4 weeks later...

Bigfish and Lil-Fish are not able to attend. You all have a blast and hopefully we can participate next year. Looks like really nice weather too. Enjoy!

I'll try meet up up with you guys in Porterville. Where is the usual lunch stop in case I get there before you? I'll be coming from Arroyo Grande

I'll try meet up up with you guys in Porterville. Where is the usual lunch stop in case I get there before you? I'll be coming from Arroyo Grande

Jenny Lynn's Cafe

670 S Plano St, Porterville

Thanks, Ed.

Jenny Lynn's Cafe

670 S Plano St, Porterville