IGNORED

CANCER SUX, LIFE IS GOOD

Today was the 43rd of 43 radiation treatments.

So glad to have them behind me and excitedly looking forward to next week when I meet Larry and pickup the new rig.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to my eye, this is a beautiful rig.

149140707355.jpg

Thank you to all who have encouraged me along the way!!:clap

Now my education begins. :D

That is great news Bud!

I heard that you are going to pay for the new rig by selling "flying chair" rides at the UN! :grin:

Good idea Chris. Do you think I will have any takers????? :lurk:

I used to fly a hull on our Hobie 16's. Maybe a transferable skill??? :grin:

szurszewski
In. I bet a man of my "stature" keeps that wheel on the ground.

Pretty sure that chair plus you AND Nicol would weigh less thank our empty chair and I can get that in the air....

Bud - somehow I missed this cancer thing you are dealing with - glad you are through with the radiation. Over the past few years I have come to the conclusion that my life, like many others, is GREAT but not always easy!

I like your new rig! Look forward to seeing you soon. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bob,

Most of us here have had our own share of difficulty, but we suck it up and do what has to be done.

Looking forward to catching up at the UN :wave:

Here's Bud working on his Vanna White imitation. He's reserving the the fancy footwear and glittery smile for when he picks up the new rig, no doubt! :wave:

Looking Good Bud!! :clap:

20170407_135349.jpg

Dave,

Who is that old fat guy you put in that picture? :rofl:

I sure enjoyed our conversation yesterday and looking forward to seeing you again at the UN. :thumbsup:

For the rest of you HOONS, have you ever noticed that everyone you meet on BMWST are really nice people? (Of course you can exclude me from that statement :whistle:)

Edited by Bud
Dave,

Who is that old fat guy you put in that picture? :rofl:

He was the one TAKING the picture!

For the rest of you HOONS, have you ever noticed that everyone you meet on BMWST are really nice people? (Of course you can exclude me from that statement :whistle:)

What Bud has failed to mention is that we hooked up the trailer to my vehicle and transferred the ramp and spare tire as well. I closed the back door and said "Great, Thanks" and reached out to shake Bud's hand, as one does at the completion of a deal.

Umm . . one little thing, Dave. You haven't PAID me yet! :money::money::dontknow::dopeslap::rofl:

Can't blame a guy for tying! :ohboy::facepalm:

Edited by workin' them angels
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks. We are in Colorado. Today I woke up feeling good for the first day in months. Maybe the Colorado mtn air? Maybe a ride in the mountains yesterday thinking about summer riding? Maybe just starting to feel better?

No matter the cause, I'm excited about the upcoming riding season and seeing many of my friends from around the country.

Thanks to all who reached out to encourage me during this process. It means more than you will ever know.

Ride Well

Thanks. We are in Colorado. Today I woke up feeling good for the first day in months. Maybe the Colorado mtn air? Maybe a ride in the mountains yesterday thinking about summer riding? Maybe just starting to feel better?

No matter the cause, I'm excited about the upcoming riding season and seeing many of my friends from around the country.

Thanks to all who reached out to encourage me during this process. It means more than you will ever know.

Ride Well

Great news, keep it up.

I hope to see you at the Un. :wave:

Ride Well

And we are looking forward to seeing you, too! :dance:

Shiny Side Up

Ride Well

Glad you made it and are feeling better... and stay out of trouble out there!!

• 1 year later...

Update. Had PSA test yesterday. Got the results today: 0.06

I'm so happy to be considered cancer free.

Thanks again to everyone here who offered so much support. :wave::clap::thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing some of you at FART. :bike:

Lone_RT_rider
:Yes:

Great to hear!!

I second that. I'm too close to this issue within my family. The loss of my mother in 2014 to Stage 3 lung cancer still hurts like hell. Bud, if your family didn't already mention it, they are glad you fought it and are still around. :) Congrats on the big R!!!

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Bud!!! So glad to hear this news!! :clap:

(And really sorry I won't get to see you next month!)

Be well!! :wave:

• 2 weeks later...