IGNORED

Crash bars and foot pegs

roadriderg

I was looking at the illuim crash bar set and foot pegs. This on my 2014rt lc My question is this:

Are the footpegs in a good postion for someone with a 29" inseam to reach comfortably.

Or should i look at the ztechnik bars that the peg can go down low.

Any feeedback would be appreciated.

I have a 30" inseam and installed pegs at the top of the engine bars. My legs are bent slightly when riding. The nice thing about their pegs and bars is that they are highly adjustable.

Not entirely clear if you are asking about the height of the regular foot pegs or accessory pegs mounted on the "Crash" bars?

My inseam is the same as yours. I have the Wunderlich engine bars, but no pegs mounted on them.

I DO have the Suburban Machinery Peg Lowering kit for the "regular" pegs. Drops them down 1.5 or 2 inches. No problem on ground clearance and much greater comfort being that amount lower. Yes, I have short legs but still lower them for comfort.

Like many things on bikes... each of us have our own approach to setting up the bike.

What I was looking for was if the highway pegs are mounted like illum shows them at the front of the cylinder on the center of the crash bar. Is this reachable from a sitting position or do you have to slide forward.

Likewise on the ztechik and wunderlich it looks like you can mount near the bottom of the cylinder.

+1

All the above. 30" inseam.

A lot of times I use one leg or another. And then both, or none, or a combination of all of them.

Thanks all. I have always had highway bars on my bikes. For whatever reason i occasionally get my feet going numb.

O this rt it is an expensive option. Crash bar and the foot pegs getting up to the 700.00 dollar range. WOW!

I have been waiting for someone to get a good setup for just the pegs without the crash bars but it does not seem to be coming. Unless someone knows of a great idea.

nh_handyman

Yes getting those feet out in front seems to be pricy these days. I broke it into two shipments - crash bars first then a few months later the pegs. I'll be installing those this weekend.

I realized I needed something up front to stretch my legs after only 30 minutes on the bike.

Riding the other day I almost dumped my Wethead while getting a bit frisky when about half way through a corner I grounded the foot peg mounted on the crash bars! Needless to say they are no longer there. Illum bars and foot pegs. Not their fault but I still took them off.

GT

Riding the other day I almost dumped my Wethead while getting a bit frisky when about half way through a corner I grounded the foot peg mounted on the crash bars! Needless to say they are no longer there. Illum bars and foot pegs. Not their fault but I still took them off.

GT

My concern also.

Did you have the pegs mounted near the top??

Edited by roadriderg