IGNORED

NAV 5 on the LC RT's vs on the GS's

bobbybob

I am loving my new RT but the NAV 5 doesn't work the same as it did on my 2015 GS, unless this is operator error. When I scroll thru the NAV pages, the page with all the commands on it is missing--like Go Home, Speak, Waypoint, Mute, etc. I guess they didn't allow it to display the page since they already screwed up the functionality royally with the way the menu works with it. The interface is horrible--that is, if you have ever used one on an LC-GS. Anyone else feel the same?

Other than that rant, I am loving my LC-RT. :bike:

Edited by bobbybob
Rider1200RT

Maybe back up all your data and reboot the gps back to factory specs?? On my boat gps (Furuno) I had to do that once to get an update to work... YMMV..

When you have the Nav5 on GS it you gives you way more information than when using it on the RT. Don't ask me why BMW doesn't allow the GPS to display all of the information that it is capable of providing but that's the way it is.

When you have the Nav5 on GS it you gives you way more information than when using it on the RT. Don't ask me why BMW doesn't allow the GPS to display all of the information that it is capable of providing but that's the way it is.

OK, so somebody else sees this also. Guess its not my fault. Would have been so easy to allow the wonder wheel to do 'everything' to the NAV 5 whenever its page was displayed on the dash!