IGNORED

Mebbee somethings can't be avoided,......Part III

Rougarou

No video of the actual incident, but,..... read on,.... You're riding along minding your own business, then suddenly, the road pops up,....geesh what a way to ruin a day.

C9oU-64WsAEl5Vb.jpg

Ground Control to Major Tom Take your protein pills and put your helmet on.

Wow, I can see how that may have been hard to see if not on your game, completely!

Strange -hit.. :eek:

Pat

tough going in atlanta these days.

Yep, just did a NC to SWLA and back,....ATL traffic sucks normally, but extremely sucks now.

• 2 years later...

I've come to realize as life rolls on, (even if you're on your game) when your time is up, your time is up. :java:

I always pull off, preferably under an overpass if one is available, if lightning threatens. 

That said,  this was horrible for his family, maybe, but quick, and to my thinking far better than living to 95, a gibbering idiot wearing a diaper.

My two favorite deaths are:

• Fulton Freeman, former Ambassador to Mexico, President of the Monterey Institute of Foreign Studies, and an avid golfer. Massive coronary at the 18th hole of Carmel Valley Golf Club — while ahead.
  • Malcolm Forbes. Threw an obscenely expensive 70th birthday party at a rented castle in Morocco, flying in some guests on a Concorde. Still riding motorcycles, died in his sleep 6 months later.

My greatest fear in life is lingering past my "sell by" date.

• Like 5

I wonder if the crash killed him or he died instantly from the lightning strike.  Also, I am curious if the helmet has any electronics built in.  

Sad.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Thanks for the tip, Richard.  👍🍻

He has a gofundme page for medical bills.  I imagine that means that he didn't have medical insurance. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/im-the-motorcyclist-from-pchkanan-dume-accident

Being that the article is the latest in non-journalism, it says nothing about the guys age.  But he seems like a younger guy from the video(maybe middle age, most guys are now "younger" to me, at my age😁), and the video says he has no memory of the crash. 

36 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

I imagine that means that he didn't have medical insurance. 

Even with insurance, a high deductible or a 20% coinsurance can make the bills go way high way fast. From the way that truck bed came flying at the motorcyclist, it’s not hard to imagine him needing a whole host of surgeries and treatment. Crazy video!

• 3 weeks later...
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 11/30/2022 at 2:35 PM, Scott9999 said:

He has a gofundme page for medical bills.  I imagine that means that he didn't have medical insurance. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/im-the-motorcyclist-from-pchkanan-dume-accident

His gofundme did pretty good: his declared goal was $50K, and right now it's at nearly $85K.  

I watched the video in @Rougarou's link, and the guy has a remarkably healthy attitude toward it all, despite what must have been a pretty miserable time in the hospital.  9 broken ribs?  Egad.  

• Like 1