IGNORED

Creative ways to store tire changer?

Indy Dave

I've been trying to think of ways to creatively store a HF tire changer. Is yours just stuck in a corner of your garage or have you found a better place / way to get it out of the way when not in use?

Dave,

Tire changers are like boats. The only thing better than owning one, is having a friend that owns one. Sell it to a friend and then go over and use it. :grin:

Mine comes apart and goes back in the boxes for storage on a shelf. Not as convenient as leaving it assembled, but it is only used once or twice a year.

Dave,

Tire changers are like boats. The only thing better than owning one, is having a friend that owns one. Sell it to a friend and then go over and use it. :grin:

Don't listen to him. I'm having my next set of tires shipped to your house so you can show me how it's done with your changer. :wave:

Dave,

Ahhh! I see now! It's been a waiting game the Clean Living Hoosiers were playing. :dontknow: I blinked. No wonder they're all being so nice to me now. :shake:

Dave,

Don't listen to him. I'm having my next set of tires shipped to your house so you can show me how it's done with your changer. :wave:

Bud - EricInIndy is coming over in a couple of hours to show me the ropes (I bought this changer from Burt last summer). Eric has two good arms (for now) so I'm milking this shoulder for all its worth. :read:

Can't you store in the trailer you bought?

That's a great idea - except the trailer isn't enclosed and it's the stand up type that will fit vertically in the garage.

Welp . . . That didn't work out as planned - we snapped the bolt that holds the demount sleeve on the MoJo bar.

I've said it before . . . You can't find good help anymore!

Eric's gone home to get his tire irons. I gots lots to learn on this tire changin' thing!

Well, that solves it, store it at Bud's place.

Fixes two problems in one solution. You have a place o store and Bud change the tires of his friend.l :thumbsup:

Mission accomplished - as far as the tire change is concerned. A quick consult with John Ranalletta got us over the hump.

Mitch has offered to replace the broken bit on the MoJO lever, a nice gesture, but I don't believe the issue was with the lever - I don't think Eric had it placed correctly. The other end of the level worked just fine.

As for storage - I'll probably hang the moto adaptor on the wall somewhere, and put the base back in the corner.

Bud - better bring your irons with you because unless you can wait till next Spring, any tire changing at me casa is strictly self-service till then. I will supervise and provide cold beverages.

Here's EricInIndy hard at work in my garage.

Note the prototype car seat storage system complete with roof jacks and Ztechnik exhaust. Heaven forbid I should finish my car project and actually reinstall the seat! Or install the Ztech exhaust and headers :bike:

20170422_195512.jpg

Also note fancy prototype front bumper and spoiler storage system (Patent Pending). Same project the seat belongs to.

20170422_223748.jpg

20170422_220028.jpg

And now the rest of the story:

Even after all of Eric's hard work, I screwed up my other arm last night "supervising" and can't ride. The girl has new shoes and is ready to dance, now she just needs a partner! :cry::computer:

Well, I am sorry to hear you re-injured your arm.

Does this mean you are coming in car and Eric is ridding the RT?

Also the car seat storage system, is that a item you will be marketing?

I am sure some the will be huge interest on this site alone.

Shiny Side Up

Nice garage!!

What I wouldn't give to have a concrete floor!

I use a pole barn with gravel. Must be a fortune of bolts , nuts and washers hiding in there...

Bernie - Eric is out this time :(. I know it's hard to keep ALL of my issues straight - but just to clarify - I've had the surgeries on the other shoulder. The shoulder I hurt last night, I merely upgraded from a 75% tear to a total tear. :ohboy::mad::money: I am accepting non-refundable deposits on the Exclusive Car Seat Storage System® .

Thanks for the flowers about the garage. Garage space was high on Yours Truly's list of 'must haves' when Mrs. WTA and I were looking for a house. In fact, The Garage Factor sunk some otherwise ideal houses. So two years ago while the Clean Living Hoosiers and I were on a bike trip in MI, Mrs WTA did the open house thing. She called later that night and said she'd seen a house and that I would love the garage. Turns out, I did love the garage and that's where we live nowadays.

Bernie - Eric is out this time :(. I know it's hard to keep ALL of my issues straight - but just to clarify - I've had the surgeries on the other shoulder. The shoulder I hurt last night, I merely upgraded from a 75% tear to a total tear.

Okay now we are all worried about you! Can you and will you be riding your motorcycle to START '17?

I will not be riding to START 2017. Adjust your logarithm accordingly ;)

Great news! Look forward to seeing you again Dave. As far as adjusting the logarithm for the mileage contest, Ken has already convinced me the contest is "fixed"! :rofl: He keeps adjusting the rules! :grin:

I've been trying to think of ways to creatively store a HF tire changer. Is yours just stuck in a corner of your garage or have you found a better place / way to get it out of the way when not in use?

Mine fits easily in a drawer with its companions

Kind of a fluid situation - once the inflammation subsides, the pain will too and I'll be able to ride.

My plan is to trailer down and I fully expect to be able to ride by Thursday. If nothing else, I'll be prepared to ride and if all I end up doing is sitting around, I may focus on winning the mileage contest ;)

Kind of a fluid situation - once the inflammation subsides, the pain will too and I'll be able to ride.

My plan is to trailer down and I fully expect to be able to ride by Thursday. If nothing else, I'll be prepared to ride and if all I end up doing is sitting around, I may focus on winning the mileage contest ;)

So the rumor I heard that you are going to catch a lift from Bud is not true? :S

Only if the wheelie bars arrive in time :bike::whistle:

Edited by workin' them angels

My plan is to trailer down and I fully expect to be able to ride by Thursday.

Bring the keys. Just sayin'.

You been talkin to my wife?!

Checking in with our Hero:

Bike key - check.

Spare car key - no.

Locked keys in car at Pilot, with bike key secure in car - check!

Fortunately I wasn't too far from home, and my neighbor was home and brought me an extra set of keys.

Sorry Bud - Yes! Arrived about 5ish. The way things worked out, you could have had a leisurely drive over and then down.

See you at the UN!