IGNORED

North Meets South in the Middle 2017

CoarsegoldKid

CoarsegoldKid

I noticed that the forecast for NmS weekend is indeed going to be sunny.

On another note I put on some new Michelin PR4s. Went out for a 200 miler of twisty roads, sorry that's all we got around here, and I really can't tell the difference from PR3s. So with that in mind all will be good.

cheers

Edited by CoarsegoldKid
ALERT: COMFORT INN HAD A BUS CANCEL FOR NMS WEEKEND, AS OF RIGHT NOW THEY HAVE 29 ROOMS AVAILABLE!!

Dam! That was the bus load of dancing girls I'd hired to be entertainment for all you BMW guys.

most-people-in-a-chorus-line.jpg

ALERT: COMFORT INN HAD A BUS CANCEL FOR NMS WEEKEND, AS OF RIGHT NOW THEY HAVE 29 ROOMS AVAILABLE!!

Thanks, in at Comfort Inn!

Don J :wave:

CoarsegoldKid

I was going to try posting the new room availability at the Comfort Inn on the bmwst facebook page but couldn't figure out how. Doing something wrong or blocked.

Edited by CoarsegoldKid

Getting close...........and I just got a service light :mad: Not due for 3K miles so I plan to turn it off and RIDE. Looking forward to it

Russ

Getting close...........and I just got a service light :mad: Not due for 3K miles so I plan to turn it off and RIDE. Looking forward to it

Russ

178303_v1.jpg

In at comfort inn. This will be my first NMSITM so I'm sure I'll bring the rain, but it will be fun regardless.

It will be great to see you!

markgoodrich

Probably not the PC thing to do on this thread, but I have stuff that was my wife's that riders could use. I'll bring it if someone speaks up.

Ogio Helmet bag: great for flying, has room for the helmet and your miscellaneous carry on stuff. $40 at Revzilla, $20 at NmS, used once.

Rev'It Medium unisex rain oversuit, goes on in seconds, over boots and your suit, keeps you completely dry. $100 new, $50 at NmS.

Electric passenger gloves, size large, Warm n Safe brand. I dunno what they cost new, but half price is the deal. They work a heck of a lot better than the rider gloves.

Bestem brand bag liners for RT (I used them in my '06, so any with bags like that will work. Heavy duty nylon. Zipper pulls on one of them wore out, so I put zip ties on them. $$30.

I'll be happy to talk price.

Mods, be nice... :wave:

Zweiradfreak

If any of you riders are interested in a ride on Saturday the 29th, 9:30 am at the parking lot in front of Jack in the Box Oakhurst, then be there. I will be going on a 250 mile ride north mostly off of Hwy 49 all back roads. Dinner at El Jardin Mexican Restaurant in the old mining town of Columbia. Then fuel up in Jamestown with more back roads back to Priest Station for coffee, desert etc. in Big Oak Flat continuing to Coulterville, then the "Dragon" on Hwy 49 back to Oakhurst.

Should be a pretty ride, foothills are green, lakes are full and roads are great.

I will be at Jack in the Box around 9:00 am.

Rain will cancel!!

Franz

Oh, another "if someone needs it I'll bring it" offer...

I have 5 quarts of 15W-50 Mobil-1 synthetic motor oil left over from my old GS.

The Waterhead bikes use different viscosity and I have no need for this Oilhead / Hexhead oil.

If anyone can use it, I'll bring it.

It's free.

Oh, another "if someone needs it I'll bring it" offer...

I have 5 quarts of 15W-50 Mobil-1 synthetic motor oil left over from my old GS.

The Waterhead bikes use different viscosity and I have no need for this Oilhead / Hexhead oil.

If anyone can use it, I'll bring it.

It's free.

This is a great thread with free giveaways... :beer: Bring it along Mikkko. Don't forget the filter and wrench, so we can have a party.

:wave:

If any of you riders are interested in a ride on Saturday the 29th, 9:30 am at the parking lot in front of Jack in the Box Oakhurst, then be there. I will be going on a 250 mile ride north mostly off of Hwy 49 all back roads. Dinner at El Jardin Mexican Restaurant in the old mining town of Columbia. Then fuel up in Jamestown with more back roads back to Priest Station for coffee, desert etc. in Big Oak Flat continuing to Coulterville, then the "Dragon" on Hwy 49 back to Oakhurst.

Should be a pretty ride, foothills are green, lakes are full and roads are great.

Rain will cancel!!

Franz

This sounds great! I was kinda wanting to head in a northerly direction this year, always better with a native guide to show us around, thanks :thumbsup:

Don J :wave:

Rain will cancel!!

Franz

Franz! How you been mate?

If everyone is staying at the Comfort Inn, wouldn't it be easier to assemble there?

And what time would dinner be in Columbia? Not planning on riding back in the dark, are you?

MB>

Bill_Walker
If everyone is staying at the Comfort Inn, wouldn't it be easier to assemble there?

And what time would dinner be in Columbia? Not planning on riding back in the dark, are you?

MB>

Some people call the mid-day meal "dinner" and the evening meal "supper". Franz may be one of them. Sure sounded like it to me, from the itinerary.

Zweiradfreak

Okay, my mistake I mend lunch in Columbia probably around 1:00 pm. We will be back around 5:30 pm or so...are we clear now??

People staying in different locations and Jack in the Box is on the rout 1st traffic light on Hwy 49 left side.

I just go on a ride and offering to lead...take it or leave it!!

I am not forcing people to show up, you guys do whatever floats your boat.

Franz

Bigfish and Lil-Fish are not able to attend. You all have a blast and hopefully we can participate next year. Looks like really nice weather too. Enjoy!

Okay, my mistake I mend lunch in Columbia probably around 1:00 pm. We will be back around 5:30 pm or so...are we clear now??

People staying in different locations and Jack in the Box is on the rout 1st traffic light on Hwy 49 left side.

I just go on a ride and offering to lead...take it or leave it!!

I am not forcing people to show up, you guys do whatever floats your boat.

Franz

Have fun. I'll be leaving earlier than your group, whom ever that may be.

MB>

Rain will cancel!!

Franz

Franz, my friend- how are you? Will miss your ride- too much commute time to get there. You should schedule a ride to Big Sky country!! We can ride the Beartooth Hwy !!

Hi Franz,

Thank you for offering to lead a ride. I have ridden with you in the past but its been a few years. Always enjoy the journey with you on the "where the hell am I" mountain roads and look forward to riding with you Saturday.

Regards

Zweiradfreak

Hi Brian,

no show...what happened Saturday on the ride, I waited from 9:00am to 10:45am for you guys who wanted to go riding with me. I said clearly we will meet at Jack in the Box!

You guys missed a really great ride so I went with my friend an riding buddy.

Franz