IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

mine broke

Most go broke when their BMW ABS brakes break. Who's on first? :grin:

Pat

You're right.

Broken brakes break the billfold and braking can break the broken beemer.

What's on second?

:wave:

Wow, I didn't know they added a kick-start to the 2013 GSAs! :dopeslap:

Man, talk about not even trying.... :ohboy:

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/6115921999.html

BMW R-1200-GS - All Original - $5041

This bike is all original.

The bike starts up reliably using either the e-starter or kick starter.

The bike is surprising strong. Contact me for details.

00D0D_gGtbn3ykya0_600x450.jpg

Sorry, just thought it was sad/funny.

Pat

I've never, ever, heard of this model not starting

due to failure of the kick starter...

:/

This reminds me a lot of when I was shopping for a sailboat. I'd go look at a boat, and it's really messy, crap everywhere, the engine in poor shape, the sails ragged and dirty. One glance and it's "No, thanks." After seeing this over and over, it got me to thinking - the guy is probably under pressure from a wife "sell that boat!" He says "I'm trying, no one makes an offer!" In the meantime, he still has his boat.

Dennis Andress

I had a kickstart on the airhead I brought back from Germany in the 80's. With care and practice it could turn the crankshaft about 1/2 a revolution. It did start the engine on the first try the one time I needed it...

Well at least he didn't say, " starts reliably by using the supplied hand crank". :grin:

That's some fine Vintage 70s technology right there! :spittake:

da8f6e2e44d638d4ad006e5ad9b0608f.jpg

Pat

Lincoln_Faller

it's a scam. the price alone would be telltale, but obviously the guy is utterly ignorant about motorcycles, and probably a good deal more.

Dennis Andress
They do here if the bike is more than 20 years old.

You could get a new title for it in Kali. I'm not sure it could be done in Washington.

This reminds me a lot of when I was shopping for a sailboat. I'd go look at a boat, and it's really messy, crap everywhere, the engine in poor shape, the sails ragged and dirty. One glance and it's "No, thanks." After seeing this over and over, it got me to thinking - the guy is probably under pressure from a wife "sell that boat!" He says "I'm trying, no one makes an offer!" In the meantime, he still has his boat.

:rofl:

Nancy and I traveled 500 miles to look at a boat in "Brand New" condition. Holes in the bimini, cig burns in the cushions, trailer a pile of rust from salt water, sails eaten up with UV. The seller was disappointed when I said I didn't need to hear the engine run and walked away.

Ya gotta wonder. :grin:

Shiny Side Up

When I sold my FJR, the buyer thought the price was a little high - even though it wasn't.

I handed him all the original documentation I got with the motorcycle, along with a 2 1/2 sheet maintenance log and a dealer signed inspection (mileage noted) from the previous week.

The price was suddenly more reasonable.

If someone doesn't clean the motorcycle up, and have the owner's manual and a maintenance record, IMHO, that in itself is "telling".

Great bike except maybe the windshield.

1978 R100/7

I spent nearly 30 years happily behind a similar National Cycles shield, but, yeah, THAT shield is wrong on that bike. It should be lower, fitted tightly around the top of the headlight and light supports. Starting with the right shield form, a proper installation yields a quiet ride without buffeting.

John in VA

That's a sweetheart. Not quite an R90S but I remember well seeing magazine ads in the '70s of the R90S in red and I'd just dream dream dream... but all I could afford was a CB750K -- which wasn't a bad bike.

Yes back in the late 80s I purchased a beater 1977 r75/7 and build this. Sold it when I went sailing for a couple years, a mistake. Simple and fun.

r75%20finished_zpsrlahjtnf.jpg

Pat, the minimum bid on eBay is $ 7900.

Ah, thanks Chris! :thumbsup: Looking at the pic a bit closer, the mileage on the bike and the condition of the engine case and fork legs don't seem to jive IYKWIM. A barn find minus the barn? :grin:

I suppose, it is a 1976. :dontknow:

Pat

Dennis Andress

One of the traits of those odometers was that the plastic gear on the end of the shaft with the number wheels on it would back off over time. Then the little wheels were free to spin to any number you wish.

Do you mean that some people selling things on Craigslist are dishonest? Oh no that couldn't be, it's on the Internet. :grin:

Pat