IGNORED

Bosch EV14 injector replacements for earlier single-jet injectors.

Alan Sykes

There's currently acres of orgasmic comments on the Pelican Parts forum re the amazing benefits of swapping-out the ancient EV4 or EV6 fuel injectors fitted to 1100 and 1150 oilheads, for the latest Bosch multi-jet versions. Those who've installed the EV14 pair from the German supplier tills dot d e, claim fantastic improvements in overall smoothness, throttle response-times and increases in economy and power.

I've ordered mine - 200 snoojits.

Edited by Alan Sykes

I posted earlier comments after installing them over the winter and doing some limited riding.

Now, 2500 miles into the season I can offer this.

Bike: 2004 R1150RT with 93k.

Cold start idle is definitely smoother. I leave the fast idle lever on until 2 bars on the display, but the new injectors allow me to turn it off with 1 bar and the bike won't stall.

Gas mileage is actually a little worse. A trip last weekend to the MOA Getaway in Fontana (about 2k miles total), saw a consistent average of 42mpg. With the stock injector's, my mileage was consistently in the 46-48mpg range. But it's early yet, with cooler morning's so we'll see if the mileage goes up into summer.

Overall, I can't say that the money was worth it.

YMMV,

RPG

roger 04 rt

RPG, I think on balance, your comments are what should be expected. Better starting and idle. Gas mileage should be the same as long as your O2 sensor is connected and workings.

If you buy new injectors that are better matched than your old injectors, your engine will run smoother. No more power, no real difference in economy.

As far as the orgasmic comments, I remember the same of the iiceair. For me, if I can't measure it, it's not happening.

RPG, I think on balance, your comments are what should be expected. Better starting and idle. Gas mileage should be the same as long as your O2 sensor is connected and workings.

If you buy new injectors that are better matched than your old injectors, your engine will run smoother. No more power, no real difference in economy.

As far as the orgasmic comments, I remember the same of the iiceair. For me, if I can't measure it, it's not happening.

Well said Roger.

• 2 months later...

Quick update.

I just wanted to report that with the new injector's, I'm seeing mileage in the 44-46 range. (45.6mpg recorded at this morning's fillup)

That's mostly daily commutes on the freeway (Detroit suburbs to Lansing), cruising in the 75-80mph range.

The bike just turned 95,000 miles and is running the stock CCP and O2 sensor with the stock air filter.

Not much of a change mileage wise, from the stock injector's.

RPG