IGNORED

Connector unknown bmw r1100rt '98

Robert Mayrand

Robert Mayrand

Hello everyone,

While doing some work on the bike I found on the left hand side, between the miror and the left fork, 3 small connectors that I don't know their use. Ther is one small blade type, the other are tiny, tiny plug, one white and one black, one with 3 prongs and the other with two....i think. Didn't have the camera nearby and now the fairing is back on. Is this stock and what is it used for?

Thanks.

Rob

Hello everyone,

While doing some work on the bike I found on the left hand side, between the miror and the left fork, 3 small connectors that I don't know their use. Ther is one small blade type, the other are tiny, tiny plug, one white and one black, one with 3 prongs and the other with two....i think. Didn't have the camera nearby and now the fairing is back on. Is this stock and what is it used for?

Morning Rod

Pictures would REALLY help on this. (your definition of tiny might not be the same as our definition of tiny)

If no pictures then wire colors going to those connectors would be a help (not only a general wire color but also any sub colors on stripes on the wires)

If the bike has/had an Autocom, these could be audio connectors for MP3 player, push to talk switch etc.etc.

Sometimes when the Autocom type intercom is removed from the bike or the PO the box is removed but the accy wires are left behind because removing the fairing panel is extra time spent or too much trouble.

Check under the seat for the other end way in the back by where the tool kit goes.

You may even find a control box on the hidden "shelf" in the tail section.