IGNORED

UnRally XVI 2017 - Fontana Village Resort Info

TyTass

• 2 weeks later...
This is what it looked like Tue morn.

See! I knew you could get there, Danny. And if you can do it once, well why not do it again in June? :thumbsup:

See! I knew you could get there, Danny. And if you can do it once, well why not do it again in June? :thumbsup:

Workin' on it, Boss.

Excellent. Would love to see you there. :beer:

This is what it looked like Tue morn.

+1!!!!!!

Workin' on it, Boss.

What he said

Danielle starting asking about specific dates today out of the blue. By the sounds of it, we are IN, and bringing the whole crew. Just got to make the reservations. Going to drive down with one of the bikes in tow. Don't hate me.....but I kinda want to bring the Buell. I can't imagine that it will mechanically survive the whole week, or that my voluptious postieriour can handle much more than 30 mins of seat time at a shot, but it should be fun. Just gotta remember to pack the extra ear plugs and the Tylenol.

Danielle starting asking about specific dates today out of the blue. By the sounds of it, we are IN, and bringing the whole crew. Just got to make the reservations. Going to drive down with one of the bikes in tow. Don't hate me.....but I kinda want to bring the Buell. I can't imagine that it will mechanically survive the whole week, or that my voluptious postieriour can handle much more than 30 mins of seat time at a shot, but it should be fun. Just gotta remember to pack the extra ear plugs and the Tylenol.

Keith - Very Happy you are going to make this and are bring the family! The Buell should be fun - however, can you get 2 bikes on your trailer to save your backside and have more time in the saddle?

Edited by Endobobdds

I agree. Keith I am bringing my trailer with Tuono and G450x. I plan on riding off road four days and pavement 2 or 3 days.

We can ride the Tuono and Buell together, everyone will think Hells Angels arrived. :-)

I agree. Keith I am bringing my trailer with Tuono and G450x. I plan on riding off road four days and pavement 2 or 3 days.

We can ride the Tuono and Buell together, everyone will think Hells Angels arrived. :-)

Nah.....the GS doesn't get trailered unless its broke.....and knock on wood, its been pretty solid. One of these days I'll add a smaller dual sport, but not yet. I don't have time to ride the stuff I currently have. If we come down for 4-5 days, I'll be lucky to get out riding for 2.

I was actually shopping for a Tuono when I ended up with the Buell. The upfront cost of the Buell was probably 20% of what the Tuono would have cost, but I'm pretty sure the Tuono would be cheaper in the long run. This thing will bleed you dry just to get it reliable, but my face hurts from riding with the grin under my helmet. And there are so many cool things to do to it once its running well. Actually, I have it running great, I just can't keep it from literally shaking itself to pieces. Lots and lots of locktight :grin:

• 3 months later...
Firefight911

Our family is in a Hemlock 2 bedroom cabin.

If there are other families who might like to do some joint ventures in the area let us know. I am sure Jamie, myself and our 6 year old dinosaur Amelia would be down to have some fun with others!!

Oh, and we are doing a smores night for damn sure!!!

Our family is in a Hemlock 2 bedroom cabin.

If there are other families who might like to do some joint ventures in the area let us know. I am sure Jamie, myself and our 6 year old dinosaur Amelia would be down to have some fun with others!!

Oh, and we are doing a smores night for damn sure!!!

S'mores! Yum!

Excellent! Don't forget to register. Should be done before you make reservations to get the group rates.

Glad to have you on board.

**   Chris   **
Reservations made for Sunday arrival, 6/25-29/2017.

I don't even remember when my reservations are! I should figure that out.

OK, it's cold again across most of the country, so I thought I'd post some more pics showing what you can look forward to enjoying while at Fontana Village Resort.

Down the hill from the Lodge and across the road from the Wildwood Grill and Deck, is a hill side that has the following on it.

Fire Pits (tennis courts in background):

i-bW22KQC-L.jpg

i-VjbKQRT.jpg

Putt-putt Golf:

i-3RH5nQ3.jpg

i-Pzmkdbj-L.jpg

Beach Volleyball pit:

i-T7jLgc6.jpg

i-bJ2f8R8.jpg

• 1 month later...

if you know your cabin number post it here. It would be nice to know my neighbors :-) I am in the camping spot on Welch Rd right across from cabin 524 & 526 and next to cabin 537.

anyone in one of these cabins?

I was told cabin #1020, off of Licklog Lane. Looks like I'll be getting some walking in to and from the pool / lodge.

well we are not exactly neighbors, but I will leave a bottle of water out at the road, just in case you need it for that looooong walk :-)

greiffster
I sense a putt-putt skins game coming on...

Come get me, I'm bringing

. You'll find me with my butt in one of those chairs around the fire pit. A buck a hole?
steve.foote

Ohhhh, I'll have to bring my green jacket.

Ohhhh, I'll have to bring my green jacket.

Does it have padding? :wave:

just out of curiosity, does anyone who is attending the unrally play competitive beach volleyball? If so and we have 4 of us, we can get in some doubles games each night.

I can play jungle volleyball really well when I'm drunk (at least I think I play well, with my 2" vertical leap). Does that count?

greiffster
I can play jungle volleyball really well when I'm drunk (at least I think I play well, with my 2" vertical leap). Does that count?

Sure thing, Maverick.

just out of curiosity, does anyone who is attending the unrally play competitive beach volleyball? If so and we have 4 of us, we can get in some doubles games each night.

No, but I know the ball's name is "Wilson". :rofl:

actually Wilson is the current official beach volleyball. however I spent the first 10 years playing with tachikara and keep both around.

for indoor I like Molton or tachikara

Edited by randy

My wife and I will be hitting the road north on June 26.

My 71st birthday will be June 25.

We will be throwing a 71st birthday/moving in party on June 24.

PM me if you are coming from the south and a) want a place for an overnight stay on the way to Fontana Village and/or b) want to come to the party.

The address is 504 Noelle Lane, Dahlonega. We have a double garage, with one garage reserved for motorcycles. We are in the middle of some spectacular riding roads, paved and unpaved, and it should be a ~4 hour ride to Fontana Village:

85.png

At the moment, we are still in the chaos of unpacking, but everything should have settled down by mid-June.

kF.png

Selden,

That's a great offer and it sounds like a fun time. Can I suggest you ALSO post your previous announcement as a separate thread at the root level of the UN posts? That will guarantee it having a greater likelihood of being seen/read. Some folks may not come back to this thread.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Edited by TyTass
  • 2 weeks later...

well no one posted their information, so I guess I will just come around at 5am Tuesday morning and get to know all of you

:wave:

:rofl:

Edited by randy
**   Chris   **
well no one posted their information, so I guess I will just come around at 5am Tuesday morning and get to know all of you

I am in the Lodge building facing the pool. Unsure what room.

5AM :rofl:

Well you may find someone not happy to know you!!! :dopeslap:

Edited by Bud

Don't take Randy too seriously. The only time I have know Randy to be up at 5 AM is when I got him up at 5!

Well, I'm not sure I take anyone here too seriously.

After all, T M Roe says he will be there and we go back a ways. :wave:

I may not wake up at 5am, but I have many times gone to bed at 5am. And I do know Chris's room number, so maybe a quick knock at 5am Tuesday morning is due :-)

Of course if Nancy is there, never mind, I would never wake her!!!!!

Nancy doesn't go with me to these events, but she sure loves to entertain BMWST riders. Loved the two night layover of the Pied Pipers several years ago.

Josh, Laura and Jeremiah stayed 5 days with us and Nancy enjoyed their time here as well.

If I don't find someone to share a room with, I'll be in the campground down the road.

interesting you are in the campground area. nice area, close to the dam. do you have a spot with power?

I am in the only RV space inside the village RV spot 23. Otherwise I would be in the campground with you.