IGNORED

New to forum,,,new to R1200RT,,,fine tuning ride height

KJS

Greetings!

I recently purchased a 2008 RT and am fine tuning my ride height/position. I'm 6'4" with 34" inseam,,and wear shirts with 36" sleeves,,,typically ride in boots (30 year old Harros).

I purchased and installed a fine set of foot peg lowing brackets (with a slightly changed configuration shift lever, a bit longer with a slightly different "angle" and i repositioned it two splines on the shaft),,,I ride with the seat in the upper position and have a, airhawk seat cushion...I haven't yet but may purchase a kit to raise the bars a bit.

I'm just about there with everything except the position of the rear brake lever in relation to the now lowered pegs....right now I need to lift my foot up completely off the peg about an inch or two to be able to place it on the brake lever (with the ball of my foot),,,,I've looked at the brake lever actuating mechanism and it looks like there's a fair bit of adjustment that can be made both in the position of the "stop" "bolt" and in the position of the "piston" or "rod" that gets actuated when the brake lever gets pressed down....so, after that long winded description here's my question: is there any inherent issues with making adjustments to those two positions (the "stop" and the "piston")?

Any recommendations?

cheers and regards and thanks in advance!

Greetings!

I recently purchased a 2008 RT and am fine tuning my ride height/position. I'm 6'4" with 34" inseam,,and wear shirts with 36" sleeves,,,typically ride in boots (30 year old Harros).

I purchased and installed a fine set of foot peg lowing brackets (with a slightly changed configuration shift lever, a bit longer with a slightly different "angle" and i repositioned it two splines on the shaft),,,I ride with the seat in the upper position and have a, airhawk seat cushion...I haven't yet but may purchase a kit to raise the bars a bit.

I'm just about there with everything except the position of the rear brake lever in relation to the now lowered pegs....right now I need to lift my foot up completely off the peg about an inch or two to be able to place it on the brake lever (with the ball of my foot),,,,I've looked at the brake lever actuating mechanism and it looks like there's a fair bit of adjustment that can be made both in the position of the "stop" "bolt" and in the position of the "piston" or "rod" that gets actuated when the brake lever gets pressed down....so, after that long winded description here's my question: is there any inherent issues with making adjustments to those two positions (the "stop" and the "piston")? Any recommendations?

Afternoon KJS

There can be as the pedal stop MUST allow the cylinder piston to travel all the way out so it uncovers the internal fluid take-up port.

You can get into big trouble if the piston isn't all the way out with foot off the brake pedal.

Probably the best way to move that brake pedal is to buy one that allows the foot part to be adjusted independently of the lever position.

Thank you, Dirtrider, much appreciated. (any leads on where i might be able to procure such a brake lever?)

thank you again

KJS