IGNORED

Torrey Utah ... May 18-21

Louise and I will me at the Chuck Wagon cabin number 9 like always.

Will we be alone? (since it has been removed from the official BMWST calendar)

:lurk:

I hope to be there with a new BMW RT rider.

There are no rooms available, so there should be a few of those that show up.

dc

Edited by David13
Danny caddyshack Noonan

In with the pillion. Hopefully, make it out of ONT the night before. Yes, David13, I'll bring.

I'll be there if I can endure the arduous journey from my humble abode. I'll bring along the little KTM and the new-to-me Yamaha XT250.

driver.gif

Edited by eddd
fastlarry

I am scheduled for May 18 to arrive and to check out on may 21. Problem:my wife had a total knee replacement on may 5 and is still recovering. Tomorrow we going for a manipulation where they sedate her and then forcible bend the knee. This is followed with 3 days of therapy. Should get the job done. But can she mount up and ride or even stay home and take care of things.must decide soon.

I think you'll need to negotiate a solo run, Larry. Hey, It may cost you a week at a beach resort, but :revit::read::grin:. I'm not a therapist but, a total knee replacement sounds like a lengthy recovery.

Pat

Indy Dave

I have reservations at the Chuck Wagon, but it looks like I'll be giving that up and instead look to the Fall Torrey outing.

ArizonaAl

Looks like I need to bow out this time-- I just had cataract surgery on one eye on the 1st and will do the other eye on the 15th. I think 3 days is pushing it a bit and don't want to create any problems. I'm going to call Michelle tomorrow and release the cabin, so if anyone is interested in the cabin, it will be available--

We'll be looking forward to September.

Al & Angie

Jamie is out. So it will just be me, arriving Thursday. I just gave up my presidential suite for a room over the store, so another couple can snag that if they want.

I'm going to use this thread as a head count for brisket.

My wife and I will be coming in from Moab on Saturday.

Please come by cabin #9 for proper intros.

Larry

**   Chris   **
My wife and I will be coming in from Moab on Saturday.

Please come by cabin #9 for proper intros.

Larry

Are you there already?

Aufevermike

No, but we did ride sr12 yesterday through the snow. It was 29 on top. Maybe you saw us? Was that you on 14 waiting for construction on Tuesday?. Made it to Moab yesterday.

In Mexican Hat tonight. Be in Torrey by noon tomorrow. Wow, the San Juan Inn has really gone down hill but they have raised their prices to make up for it. Last time I stay at this dump

Got into Torrey at 11:15. I'm the only BMW here. There is an 1190 KTM but it is. Missing the rear wheel. Gonna be lonely.....

Danny caddyshack Noonan

What a great weekend! Thanks for the welcome. Mary and I enjoyed the company and great scenery. Looking forward to a cancellation for Fall since the Chuckwagon is full.

• 2 months later...

I'm considering trying to make it to the Torrey in Sept., coming from Albuquerque. Would highways 95 and 24 from the Southeast Utah be a good route?

Also, if the Chuckwagon is full, any other recommendations in the area? I'll check to see if there's a KOA nearby.

Thanks

Call the Churckwagon and get on the waiting list. They will call you if and when they get a cancellation.

The Schoolhouse is 2nd best and nicest.

Or Boulder (may have changed their name) or Capitol Reef Inn.

I can't speak about New Mexico, but you would want to get to Mexican Hat, then look around Monument Valley some, then head up 261 to 95, 95 west to 276, then 276 down to Halls Crossing, if the boat is running across the lake. If it is, take it to Bullfrog, then up Burr Trail and into Boulder, then north on 12.

The Burr Trail comes off 276 just north of Bullfrog.

If the boat is not running, don't go down 276 to Halls Crossing unless you have plenty of gas.

dc

Is this route paved, any? all? Gas available?

Larry

I've ridden whole the Burr Trail, and I still feel guilty for putting my RT through that punishment. And I will never forget the stealth soft sand that had my handlebars doing tank slappers.