IGNORED

HJC IS MAX ||

TEWKS

Not so much of an in-depth review here (just got it today) but my quick take on it is...this helmet is a heck of a bargain at two hundred dollars. :thumbsup: Usually any new helmet for me has a brake break-in period but this one felt very good right from the get go on a short twenty this after. Also, seems quieter than the Nolan I've been wearing.

Waiting on a new Sena for it, we'll see how that works out.

image_zpsbptynytj.jpg

PS...pay no attention to the man in the green shirt..he will not be part of your graphics package if you purchase one! :rofl:

Pat

Edited by TEWKS
realshelby

HJC helmet quality is good. Better than most would expect. Their new high end series RPHA or something like that is BETTER than my 2016 Bell Star and compares to the Shoei I have. Came very close to buying one, ended up with a new Arai Defiant Pro Cruise.

greiffster

I've got a Sy-Max 3. Very similar with a couple extra features. I like the way these modulars fit my head. Retail on these is very good, plus I got a guy... :/:thumbsup:

Shiny Side Up

I bit the bullet and bought a Shoei some years ago.

Gotta say that my Scorpion and HJC both put it to shame as far as keeping out wind noise and overall fit. Plus - the Scorpion is DOT and Snell approved.

You can't go wrong with that HJC - nice looking lines and probably will fit well for a long time. Excellent choice!

Edited by Shiny Side Up

I installed the Sena 10S yesterday. I can now use my phone through the GPS (taking or making calls as usual ) OR call on Siri to assist me in texting or calling (smart I know) :dopeslap: and playing music through Pandora. I'm also able to switch between Pandora and stored music in my GPS seamlessly.

The only issue I was having, I get a high pitched squeal when pressing the phone button to ask Suri something. Hopefully I was just too close to a computer or other static from something else. Seemed if I turned down the volume it was better. :dontknow:

Pat

bulldogranger

Have you gotten the inner pinlock shield for it yet? If so, did it fit? Seems like the one I picked up is too wide.

No I haven't, yet. Never seemed to be a need for me, at least on other helmets I've had anyway. Added my GoPro today.

Pat

"Have you gotten the inner pinlock shield for it yet? If so, did it fit? Seems like the one I picked up is too wide."

The white 'pins' that the pinlock butt in to are oval like a cam. You can twist them to to expand and contract for a better fit.

If you want to really be impressed add the chin curtain to that helmet.

Thanks Ron, I will do that! I was going to order one but completely forgot when I put in the order. Good to know it makes the helmet even better! :thumbsup:

Pat

bulldogranger

Yep, inner pinlock shield I picked up was for wrong helmet (thanks dealer sales lady). Dealer swapped out no problem. Now it doesn't fog up at all. The front air vent does nothing but if I need air, I can just flip the whole front up. And yes, I have the chin curtain that does help with noise but this helmet is louder than most. Now I just have to get the Sena boom mike placed right (chin curtain interferes).

Speaking about microphone placement. I'm having a minor issue with the front part of the cheek pad not staying buttoned in place because of the microphone. Hot glue I guess. :dontknow:

Pat

greiffster
Speaking about microphone placement. I'm having a minor issue with the front part of the cheek pad not staying buttoned in place because of the microphone. Hot glue I guess. :dontknow:

Pat

Pat,

I'm assuming my Sy-Max is similar....I've got my microphone boom coming out just below the cheek pad "base". Not between the "base" and the pad. Not sure any of this makes sense. I suppose I could take a picture. :dopeslap:

edit. ...so there is no extra tension on the snap or button.

Edited by greiffster

Thanks Mike! :thumbsup: Maybe I'll try that before firing up the glue gun and most likely making a mess of things. :dopeslap:

Pat