IGNORED

What's a good price for a new leftover 2016 RT?

Doug_Baliko

Doug_Baliko

I have been toying with the idea of replacing my Cam Head with a leftover 2016 RT. Can someone help me with what is a good deal on one of these? Is there a current rebate running? One of the bikes I'm looking at has an MSRP of $22,665. It has this equipment: Premium Package- Bluetooth Interface- Dynamic ESA- Audio System with Radio- GPS Prep- Chrome Exhaust Pipe- Radio Software- Heated Seat- TPM (Tire Pressure Monitors)- Cruise Control- Accessory Socket-Dynamic Package- Hill Start Control- Headlight Pro- Ride Modes Pro- Keyless Ride- Gear Shift Assistant.

I'm probably only interested if it's some sort of screaming deal. The dealer offered $3500 off right off the bat on the phone. But it seems that I should be able to do a lot better. Although I want to have realistic expectations.

Doug

Edited by dbaliko

Got mine, several months ago with topcase for 18.5k. Great bike, only think I can't stand is the clunking gears 1-3.

I'm in California, and bought a new 2016 that has everything but central locking and alarm. $3000 off list, $19,000, and they gave 15% off accessories. I bought the premium top case, the LED light that goes with it, tank bag, footpeg lowering, GPS. $25k out the door including tax, license. I wasn't even ready to buy! Saw the ad, called the dealer and got talking. Next thing she said 'well, should I take this deal to my manager?', and I said Yes! Close to 5k miles since February and I don't regret it. It's the most fantastic anything I have ever owned.

Got mine, several months ago with topcase for 18.5k. Great bike, only think I can't stand is the clunking gears 1-3.

Yah.. there's that, and other things that kept me from ever thinking it was a great bike. I owned a GS and an RT.

Anyway

OP

I don't know if you could do a lot better...

But BMW does have many 2016's of most all varieties laying around.

Local dealers were recently given some 2016 inventory (that they didn't necessarily want).

I wouldn't be surprised if there's 4 or maybe even close to 5K to be had.

I had an offer last autumn of $5,500 off of a new 2016 GSA Low.

That was a well optioned bike, with 3 cases. There were many incentives at the time, not all of them from BMW NA. There was 500 from BMW MOA, and 500 from the BMW Auto Club....

Good luck.. go get you a deal

Edited by DMilan

About the gearbox noise. A while ago I read (probably on this forum) that the boxer engine, and gearbox were introduced in the 50's. Both awesome designs. The gearbox is solid as a rock, will last forever, but does make noise. Since I read that I don't mind, in fact the clunking keeps me company. To each his own. I'm impressed by the fact that the RT is a combination of old school mechanics, and tricked out technology.

Edited by BigTup
I have been toying with the idea of replacing my Cam Head with a leftover 2016 RT. Can someone help me with what is a good deal on one of these? Is there a current rebate running? One of the bikes I'm looking at has an MSRP of $22,665. It has this equipment: Premium Package- Bluetooth Interface- Dynamic ESA- Audio System with Radio- GPS Prep- Chrome Exhaust Pipe- Radio Software- Heated Seat- TPM (Tire Pressure Monitors)- Cruise Control- Accessory Socket-Dynamic Package- Hill Start Control- Headlight Pro- Ride Modes Pro- Keyless Ride- Gear Shift Assistant.

I'm probably only interested if it's some sort of screaming deal. The dealer offered $3500 off right off the bat on the phone. But it seems that I should be able to do a lot better. Although I want to have realistic expectations.

Doug

$3500 off list sounds like a GREAT deal. You may be able to get an extra $500 off or maybe a top box or first service. BUT .... I don't look at just price alone to make it a good deal for ME. I consider ... do I like the dealer and will he take care of me, is the bike the color I want with the right equipment, and are they giving me a fair trade if I am trading. At this late date if you find a 2016 equipped like you want it and the deal is "fair" I would go for it. For me I wanted the Platinum bronze, did not want keyless and did not want central locking. They had one on the floor last October and I got a GREAT deal on it. But even if I could have saved $500 elsewhere for a bike not in my color or not equipped as I wanted I would not have gone for it. When spending $20K for a bike I want it to be what I want and THAT is what makes a good deal for me. Of course YMMV

$3500 off list sounds like a GREAT deal. You may be able to get an extra $500 off or maybe a top box or first service. BUT .... I don't look at just price alone to make it a good deal for ME. I consider ... do I like the dealer and will he take care of me, is the bike the color I want with the right equipment, and are they giving me a fair trade if I am trading. At this late date if you find a 2016 equipped like you want it and the deal is "fair" I would go for it. For me I wanted the Platinum bronze, did not want keyless and did not want central locking. They had one on the floor last October and I got a GREAT deal on it. But even if I could have saved $500 elsewhere for a bike not in my color or not equipped as I wanted I would not have gone for it. When spending $20K for a bike I want it to be what I want and THAT is what makes a good deal for me. Of course YMMV

Re: color. Maybe I am the exception, but color has never had any input whatsoever in selecting a bike. My first BMW came in Black with White pinstripes, there were no other choices. I think they introduced white and maybe grey shortly after that. My next BMW was private party second hand purchase, picking a color was not an option. Then came another used bike, but this time from a dealer with a bike that was returned barely used to the dealer. My most recent purchase was a demo. I have never had a choice of color and color is not even on the list of things I think about when buying bikes.

(However, I did luck out this time and get the fastest color. :) )

John in VA

$3500 off new? I'd probably take that.

Hey Will -- interesting viewpoint on colors. Do you feel the same way about car color (outside and inside)?

Re: color. Maybe I am the exception, but color has never had any input whatsoever in selecting a bike. My first BMW came in Black with White pinstripes, there were no other choices. I think they introduced white and maybe grey shortly after that. My next BMW was private party second hand purchase, picking a color was not an option. Then came another used bike, but this time from a dealer with a bike that was returned barely used to the dealer. My most recent purchase was a demo. I have never had a choice of color and color is not even on the list of things I think about when buying bikes.

(However, I did luck out this time and get the fastest color. :) )

Will ... not sure if you are the exception on color but I have known other who felt the same. For me color if a key item. I have to live with and look at the bike for a lot of years and for ME being able to go out in the garage and look at the bike and see beauty in the color and lines puts a smile on my face. My wife and I bought a new Chevy Colorado 2 years ago. Since they were in short supply the dealer suggested we just order it and get what we wanted. The hardest decision was color!! :ohboy: But if we only had one color choice that would certainly make the decision easier :grin:

$3500 off new? I'd probably take that.

Hey Will -- interesting viewpoint on colors. Do you feel the same way about car color (outside and inside)?

I feel the same way about car color, but it is kind of academic in that case. The last time I bought a car was in 1978. It was a then 7 year old BMW 2002 built in 1971. The color wasn't on the my list, I just liked the BMW 2002s. I kept it until 2007, but for the last 15 years I had it, once my kids were out of the house, it mostly sat in the garage. Since 2007, I haven't had any 4 wheeled vehicles at all. Motorcycles have been my primary or only transportation for all but a couple of years in my life. In high school I had a 1942 Chevy, it was older than I was. In college I had a 1948 Plymouth, it was younger than I was but not by much. Color never entered into the decisions at all. I am more in the mode of "if you don't have the color you love, love the color you have".

Doug_Baliko

Thanks for the replies. I'm deciding whether I should pull the trigger or not. It's not really a need, as much as a want. But there really isn't anything wrong with my Cam Head. Hmmmmmm.

It's not really a need, as much as a want.

BTDT BTDT BTDT BTDT BTDT BTDT BTDT BTDT BTDT BTDT BTDT BTDT..It's a vicious cycle! :grin:

Pat

Thanks for the replies. I'm deciding whether I should pull the trigger or not. It's not really a need, as much as a want. But there really isn't anything wrong with my Cam Head. Hmmmmmm.

NEED? NEED? HA !! :ohboy: Pretty sure none of my motorcycles were "needs" :dontknow:

c3bc8eb9439130bc9cb38ac1cbfc796f.jpg

Pat

Pat ... got a part number on those optional guns? They would look great on my GSA .... and work better than a loud horn in traffic! :rofl:

Pat ... got a part number on those optional guns? They would look great on my GSA .... and work better than a loud horn in traffic! :rofl:

They would definitely be an attention getter! :grin:

Pat

• 1 month later...