IGNORED

Single track road

Steve1962

Here's another little ride out, this run follows a single track road heading towards Burford from the village where I live.

Steve

I really enjoy these, Steve. Approx. how fast were you going for the bulk of this video?

And who has right of way when you meet an oncoming car?

Ron C.

I really enjoy these, Steve. Approx. how fast were you going for the bulk of this video?

And who has right of way when you meet an oncoming car?

Ron C.

Ron,

Thanks.

I was travelling at between 20 and 30mph - on these roads in the uk you learn pretty quickly that going fast is just not worth it- some of the locals drive on them like they are race tracks and there often isn't any run off room unless you like being acquainted with stone walls, trees or ditches.

On a single track road if there is oncoming traffic you are obliged to slow down and keep over to the nearside as much as possible, even pull over and stop - if you are lucky there will be enough room without any issue, and I always try to make sure that my speed is slow enough that if needed I could stop within the distance that I can see ahead on the road.

Doesn't stop me riding them though as I love the countryside.

I've ridden thousands of miles with Andy of this parish (Boffin) and we have similar styles - it's uncanny after a while that you can always see what your riding buddy is thinking when riding together.

Another single track favourite of mine......

Steve

Edited by Steve1962
AnotherLee

Steve -

I'd like to do some videos like that.

Maybe you wouldn't mind telling us a few details.

What camera?

How attached to helmet?

What video editor do you use?

Tnx for any other helpful info.

Steve -

I'd like to do some videos like that.

Maybe you wouldn't mind telling us a few details.

What camera?

How attached to helmet?

What video editor do you use?

Tnx for any other helpful info.

Lee,

I use a Go Pro camera, and mount it on top of the crash helmet (mounts come with the camera)- I do have the mount for use on the side of the crash helmet but have not used it yet.

I use Final Cut Pro for video editing (got some you tube editing tutorials for it - recommend looking some up if you are not familiar with the software), but am by no means an expert - I always take a camera with me too.

You'd be surprised how much influence the choice of music can have on the finished product too.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by Steve1962
Bill_Walker

I just returned from a trip to Scotland, and all the single-track lanes we drove on there (mostly on the Isle of Skye) had periodic marked "passing places", i.e., wide spots in the road. Because of the signs, it's not hard to tell which vehicle is closest to or past a passing pass and who needs to pull over.

I don't see any of these on these roads.

I just returned from a trip to Scotland, and all the single-track lanes we drove on there (mostly on the Isle of Skye) had periodic marked "passing places", i.e., wide spots in the road. Because of the signs, it's not hard to tell which vehicle is closest to or past a passing pass and who needs to pull over.

I don't see any of these on these roads.

Bill,

In the UK we don't have passing places clearly marked everywhere - where we don't have them marked it's every man for himself but most of the time road users are sensible enough to work it out between them.

Steve