IGNORED

Tire Pressure Sender Unit Battery

narcosis

Anyone had to replace a tire pressure sender unit battery yet? The pressure displays have taken longer and longer to come up recently and this morning I got the dreaded low tire pressure RED warning about 10 miles down the road. Pulled over and the correct pressure came up. Checked the tire and it was fine. So, I suspect the batteries are at their end-of-life. I don't recall seeing a post relating to this. I'm guessing this will fall into the normal maintenance category, i.e. not covered under warranty.

Thanks but I had already seen the video. The question was if any Wethead owner has had to replace a battery. My bike is a little over three years old now and that seems about right for a lithium battery but my barreries shouldn't be the only ones running out if that is indeed the problem I'm seeing.

Possibly a better question would have been is: has anyone experienced a Tire Pressure Monitor failure and if so, what was the cause?

Your bike is only 3 years old. The battery should last longer than that. Mine is 9 years old and still works. Not for long,

I assume, and will change the batteries at the end of the season, when will change the tires, as well. As you seam to suspect,

there may be some other problem there.

Thanks for that bit of info. Since the tire pressure receiver is now connected through the Clearwater CANopener, I think I'll eliminate the CANopener as the problem source first.