IGNORED

Garmin Zumo 595LM

Oldspanner

Oldspanner

Hi out there, I am looking at buying a Garmin Zumo 595LM to install on my 2013 BMW R1200 RT, I have fitted a wunderlich mount so that all ready to go, I even have the three pin plug to power it up from the connection RH side fork leg so far so good.

My dilemma is I want to be able to hear the audio direction through the speakers on the bike, I can't use in helmet head phones? Their must be a way I just don't seem to be able to find it.

Cheers Steve

Go to your radio settings and adjust the fader balance. Move it all the way to front speakers.

By the way once you exceed about 40 mph you will find it difficult to hear anything coming out of the front speakers. I installed wired speakers in my helmet and used the rear speaker plug for sound output. I also adjusted the fader to shut off the front speakers. Works great, music and GPS.

Edited by 6speedTi
Oldspanner

Thanks for the quick response, I understand that the Garmin Zumo 595LM motor cycle mount has a 3.5mm stereo line-out audio and a 3.5mm stereo line-in audio.

What I need to know is where the two leads hook into the BMW system?

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the quick response, I understand that the Garmin Zumo 595LM motor cycle mount has a 3.5mm stereo line-out audio and a 3.5mm stereo line-in audio.

What I need to know is where the two leads hook into the BMW system?

Cheers

Steve

Morning Steve

I'm not sure that you can do what you are trying to do.

Did you get the BMW radio manual with your motorcycle?

If so there should be a section on connecting an iPod type device or USB device to the radio (you need the correct BMW adapter cable & it goes inside the radio compartment)

• 2 weeks later...
beemer chuck

There is also a 2 pin plug near the 3 pin plug that BMW uses for the line out from the Navigator gps. Take a look at the RT factory gps mount and you will see the 2 pin connector. Dealer should know what connector is needed.