IGNORED

Wanted: Control Perch Shelf

Bill_Walker

Bill_Walker

Do you know of anybody who makes a very small shelf that would mount to one screw of a clutch perch? I want to mount the audio adapter for my V1 just above the handlebar but behind the clutch fluid reservoir on my R1200RTW. I could just stick it on top of the reservoir with dual-lock, and that was my first thought. But that'd cover up the useful warnings on the reservoir lid.

If I had any fabrication skills, I could make one. It'd just be a black powder-coated or anodized sheet of aluminum, with a hole for the screw in a tab leading off the sheet, and a 90 degree bend in the tab. But I have to believe somebody out there has made such a thing.

Bill_Walker

I actually just removed a Techmount control perch mount that I was going to use to hold my V1. I didn't like the look of it perched way up there above the bars. I decided to get an RCU shelf for it.

That being said, I like the idea of being able to mute alerts without having to reach all the way up there, because in some environments, it happens way too often. Mounting the audio remote on the handlebar solves that. But again, I don't want something that raises it much above the handlebar, which a RAM mount would certainly do, even with the shortest arm available.

I'm still waiting for that Ztechnik catalog to load. It's going really slowly!

Bill_Walker

OK, the Ztechnik catalog finally loaded. The gadget mounts they sell ARE Techmount mounts.

Bill_Walker
can you not use the smaller RCU shelf? I believe they are the ones who make one

http://www.rcudesigns.com/ecommerce_021.htm

I think that has the same problem of putting it farther above the handlebar than I want it.

I think I've come up with a solution, not sure whether interim or permanent, using a GS control clamp with a mirror hole and RAM components, and hanging the unit _below_ the RAM mounting base.

Another member has a son who might be able to fabricate what I want. Still thinking about that.